You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My Affinity photo not Responding

They or others will need more than your statement and photo to help you.

Like when do you get the message that " photo not Responding". ie what action are you attempting and what version are you using?

ps Mine 1.5.0.45 and beta 1.5.1.47 work fine. Windows 10 Pro

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

I get this when editing large files and/or complex edits and selections, for example Select All on a file with a large canvas pretty much always gets this (I see a selection going on in your graphic).

Seems like a response to some heavy work being done The key thing is it always completes the task and I can then carry on.

faris, I get this because my machine spec is basically rubbish. What's the spec of your machine?

Regards

I do get this effect on the 1.5.1.47 Beta as well. I'll have to wait 5-10 Seconds and after that I can continue "working" -  until it happens again.

(Working on Win 7 - 65Bit, iCore I7 3770K, 32GB Ram, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Wacom Intuos 4)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi faris

Are you able to detail any actions you were performing at the time the app became non-responsive? 

Cheers

Hi the problem happened with me when i tray do any action even when i open the program to run . I uninstall the program & install again but still the same . please solve it  

Hello,

I have the same issue. The program is unusable since purchase. Please solve it soon as possible.

Thank you

Hi

I hope from Technical support Department to find  solution to this problem.

Hi faris/pavel,

How do you expect them to help you when you don't provide any information.

Why are you not providing info requested by mod and suggested by others with the best intentions of helping ?

Hi faris/pavel,

How do you expect them to help you when you don't provide any information.

Why are you not providing info requested by mod and suggested by others with the best intentions of helping ?

Hi Harrym

The staff Moderators didn't request any information from me & i answer to him what he ask also i email them and i provide all information in the email but until now they found any solution

the problem it's seem not only with me their also some  Members  face the same 

I get this when editing large files and/or complex edits and selections, for example Select All on a file with a large canvas pretty much always gets this (I see a selection going on in your graphic).

Seems like a response to some heavy work being done The key thing is it always completes the task and I can then carry on.

faris, I get this because my machine spec is basically rubbish. What's the spec of your machine?

Regards

Hi harrym

I have a good spec in my machine also all the programs run very well without any problem only i face it with this program

The staff Moderators didn't request any information from me

But I did, and it's still a relevant question, which "a good spec in my machine" doesn't answer.

It is good forum etiquette that if someone asks for information in response to your request for help, you provide the information.

the problem it's seem not only with me their also some  Members  face the same 

And many of us have no such problems, meaning that it's very possibly a "local" problem (ie something about your machine) rather than a general problem with the software...

The program is unusable since purchase. Please solve it soon as possible.

Same question, Pavel - tell us about your computer.

Keith Reeder

But I did, and it's still a relevant question, which "a good spec in my machine" doesn't answer.

It is good forum etiquette that if someone asks for information in response to your request for help, you provide the information.

And many of us have no such problems, meaning that it's very possibly a "local" problem (ie something about your machine) rather than a general problem with the software...

Same question, Pavel - tell us about your computer.

Thanks for your replay

look to the Attach please

post-47462-0-48093700-1483463294_thumb.png

hmmm..."I have a good spec in my machine".... Win7 Service Pack1..

When I remember correct, this pack is from 2011..isnt it a little bit out of date?

What about your GPU/ Driver?

As Keith_Reeder wrote before:

It is good forum etiquette that if someone asks for information in response to your request for help, you provide the informationIsnt not reaaly easy to help you witout

Win11/64 Pro 23H2

NVIDIA RTX 3090: Studio drv.

CPU I7-9700KF: RAM 64GB: &SSD

Monitor 4K

Microsoft Surface 8 Pro i7/16gB Win11Pro

Spoiler

Faris, chris_k did ask for information. If your in email contact providing that to them then saying so would put your posts in a better light!

Your machine is about the same spec as mine, not very good. You will experience that delay or 'busy' bar I do too, but it doesn't crash, just takes longer to do things.

I've only been able to finish off my work as 8 bit images up until now, actually one of the main reasons I changed to AP is to work with 16 bit files (and I like APs colour management) performance takes a huge hit though on a poorly spec'd machine. It's a compromise I'm willing to live with in the short term.

Have you installed the latest rollups to SP1 (Keith and I imprex have very valid points)

Try upping the HD space setting in AP, I also put AP into my safe apps setting in my AV. Try working in 8bit. I also stop any unnecessary services running which can help when you have very limited ram.

Every little bit helps!

Good luck

Regards

Hi,

My PC specs: AMD Phenom FX 8350 (4.0GHz, 8 Core), 16GB RAM 1866MHz, AMD RADEON R9 380 (4GB DDR5), Windows 10 Pro, SSD drive for OS, SSD drive for Photo temp forlder. Latest drivers for MB and GPU.

I think the specs is good for photo editing. As I say previously. Photoshop woking fine even raw editing.

Thank you Pavel

Hi All

We are working on improving performance in this beta cycle. The last beta was pulled due to some issues, but I believe that did have some performance improvements. It may be worth trying the next beta when it becomes available and seeing if the performance has improved at all

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I think I provided a good system component description with a reasonably powered system on 1st of Jan. So if AP performance problems were related to the system that could have been a good starting point. COnsidering it is not only 1 person experiencing the same problem it might of course be related to a local system configuration - but on the other hand this specific configuration happens often enough not to blame it on a single computer or user! From my perspective a good reason to look into the code again. Certainly knowing that these kind of problems do not occur with PS and other photographic/pixel related programs.

Chris, thanks for you comment. Desperately waiting for the new update.

Just my 2 cents,

Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi Pavel,

Indeed that does look like a well spec'd machine as is DarkClown's, well worth following up with support.

I was lucky enough to install 1.5.1.50 before it was pulled and I believe Chris_K's comments above are correct about it.

Regards

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.