You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i used "expand stroke" and then i saw this (see attached file) .. the same thing happens, when i export as eps or pdf, as soon as i export the file, all lines are automatically converted in to "expanded strokes" .. so i have no choice .. i hope i did something wrong, because otherwise i cannot use this software :-(

post-47313-0-65085300-1482932375_thumb.png

i expected a rounded bezier curve .. how do i get that in AD ?

.. can anybody please help me? is there something i need to change in the preferences? is it a bug or will it stay like this?

I infer that you are working w. text that has been converted to curves. I just tried a letter "T" in casual font. I converted it to curves, and It converted smoothly to bezier curves when I used expand stroke. It exported as an .eps slice just fine.

However, if I selected all the nodes, and clicked on the "Convert: sharp" widget, the curves became facetted. Maybe that is what you did.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

.. so AD is only for webdesign?

i wanted to use it for postcard-illustrations, but without a perfect pdf-conversion it is useless, because every printing house needs perfect pdf-files!

can someone from the dev-team tell me, how long this will take? otherwise i will have to give the software back and ask for a refund ..

This happens on strokes with pressure profiles (straight lines with pressure seem to do fine, btw).

But I agree it's a HUGE problem. I mentioned it when I first got here. Sooooo, they've been working on it for about a year and a half......

Two workarounds (not that one should be needed) to get them back into a somewhat manageable state in AD:

1) Expand your pressured profiled strokes before export and hit Curve Action Smooth.

if you've already exported:

2) Reopen in AD. Select all the nodes on the offending curve, hit Convert smooth (or smart), then hit Action smooth (you might have to hit it twice). 

Works fairly well, but at times the result is not exact. So, all in all, not entirely trustworthy. Only use when working on an object where you can clearly see any obvious differences. Re-save PDF with the reduced points.

PITA, yeah I know.