You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, this is happening to me every time I export slices from Affinity designer. Whenever I'm done creating my designs on artboards, then export them via export persona, there's always an extra pixel on the width, sometime on the height of the artboard. Like if I export three 800 x 800 px images, the first one has the right dimensions while the other two will come out as 801 x 800 or 801 x 801 px. Is there something wrong in my settings? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Welcome to the forum :)

We're sorry for the delay in replying! Slices are always aligned to whole pixels so if you're artboard or objects aren't aligned to whole pixels you will get this issue. Do you have Force Pixel Alignment enabled? if you attach a sample document I can look into this further for you :)

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issues, systematically. Once in a while the slice is half an artboard off or more, not just half a pixel off.

I doodled with the "Force Pixel Alignment" and managed to fix and realign the artboards in my documents but that was a lot of work and rather frustrating. 

I think the issue is that there is no grid or anything on the pasteboard to align the artboard too. One really needs to make sure the Force Pixel Alignment enabled is "on" before creating any Artboards. Yet, if you space the artboard after the fact, the whole thing goes out of alignment again.

On a user perspective, I think the artboard grid should be independent per artboard (this how it looks when you draw on an artboard, except that the export persona does not follow), as opposed to be based on a global grid which you can't see, as it is now. That would avoid this issue, which I believe happened to many users. While we’re at it, an independent grid per artboard  could also allow for each artboard to have its own units, which would be great when you have a project that has both digital and print items; print items need to be measured in centimetres or inches and digital items want to have a pixel measurement. It is very handy to be able to preset multiple export formats per artboard but I think the units should be based on artboard as well.

:)