You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ProPhoto RGB is ROMM RGB?

• 1 year later...

I am sorry to get back to this old topic but, since my Dslr produces Adobe RGB RAW files, is it a waste to choose ROMM RGB (ProPhoto) as my Output Profile/Develop Persona? Should I choose Adobe RGB (1998) instead to develop my RAW files? The "Output" here is the Colour Space to output the RAW file from that specific Develop Persona?

The same question for the Photo Persona; do I need to Convert or Assign the same ICC Profile as the chosen one from the Develop Persona? Or the Photo Persona uses the Output Profile from the Develop choices?

Thanks. 

• 4 years later...
On 11/9/2018 at 1:27 AM, AT.HA said:

I am sorry to get back to this old topic but, since my Dslr produces Adobe RGB RAW files, is it a waste to choose ROMM RGB (ProPhoto) as my Output Profile/Develop Persona? Should I choose Adobe RGB (1998) instead to develop my RAW files? The "Output" here is the Colour Space to output the RAW file from that specific Develop Persona?...

I know this is a very old post thread, but just adding the info here for anyone who comes across this post...

The color profile you choose for your camera only affects jpeg output, not your raw output. Raw is raw, and has no color profile assigned to it. Your software will assign a profile from its working space when you open to edit the raw file.

Edited by Robin Griggs Wood