You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Export Persona - Exporting Sets of layers?

Hi all, first let me thank you for such a wonderful piece of software.

I tested it during the Windows Public Beta, and now I'm here with a question regarding export persona.

I am trying to setup my export persona in a way that I can export several different images from different combos of layers.

My example is pretty simple as I exported a render with each light separated as an exr channel and grouped in layer groups:

Layer Group 1 - Artificial lights;

Layer Group 2 - sunlight;

Layer Group 3 - Skylight;

Layer Group 4 - Toned down version of the skylight so it becomes nightsky.

I've set up my groups and blendmodes in such a way that I can export the following images by combining layer groups:

- 1+3 - A dusk image with artificial lights;

- 3 - Image with indirect natural lighting;

- 2+3 - Image with full daylighting;

- 1+4 - Night time image with artificial lighting.

I can easily export each of these images using export, however I was trying to use the export persona to automate my layers combos so I can export them with a click of a button instead of going through the above combos manually.

I cannot do the above. I can only select each group and create a slice but I would have to combine layer groups into another group so I could have the 4 combination groups and create a slice from each. However that isn't as nice or as clean as what I was trying to do because:

- The original layered exr file is 2.9Gb;

- I've duplicated a couple of layers for tonemapping and the Affinity Photo file is already above 3Gb;

- so creating each combination of layers by duplicating the needed groups for the 4 settings above would make the file jump sky high;

- It would also require me to duplicate my editions of each group. For instance, if I denoise the skylight, I would then have to denoise it again in every group where it's duplicated.

So, how can I get the export persona to memorize a combination set of layers for export?