You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Do not color manage this document"

Your OS is color managed and all decent applications are color managed.

The best that Serif would be able to achieve would be a simulation of non-color managed like CorelDraw can do. And it is only a simulation that may or may not be reasonably accurate depending on the colors used in the document.

May I ask why?

Mike

Your OS is color managed and all decent applications are color managed.

The best that Serif would be able to achieve would be a simulation of non-color managed like CorelDraw can do. And it is only a simulation that may or may not be reasonably accurate depending on the colors used in the document.

May I ask why?

Mike

I know this can be helpful in the t-shirt separation process. Turning color management off provides the most accurate way of separating colors for output. 

Depends on what is going to be hitting the film seps. I generally always use spot colors whether it is a vector design or an image-based design that has the colors mapped to spot colors. The exception is when I use DTG, but even then I mostly use Photoshop and it still has color management active.

My film printers are color managed and the places I trade for DTG work use color management. I guess I cannot see how non-color managed when used properly is a hindrance to garment printing.

Depends on what is going to be hitting the film seps. I generally always use spot colors whether it is a vector design or an image-based design that has the colors mapped to spot colors. The exception is when I use DTG, but even then I mostly use Photoshop and it still has color management active.

My film printers are color managed and the places I trade for DTG work use color management. I guess I cannot see how non-color managed when used properly is a hindrance to garment printing.

What I'm referring to is the process of separating "simulated process". Color management can push around the color gamut causing issue with guys that sep from Channels. It's not so much for final output as it is for the separations being pulled themselves. This is just a guess as to why someone would need "No color management".

When printing patches for printer profiling, the patches must not be color managed.  When Adobe removed the no color management option in CS5, popular demand led them to issue the Adobe Color Printer Utility for this purpose.

When printing patches for printer profiling, the patches must not be color managed.  When Adobe removed the no color management option in CS5, popular demand led them to issue the Adobe Color Printer Utility for this purpose.

Yep, I hadn't thought about printer profiling being a reason. Then again, in Windows 10 one can always use the UWP Photos to print the patches file. Unlike the former Windows Photo Viewer, UWP Photos is not color managed. Should also make sure color enhancement and/or color management is shut off in the driver as well.

Depending upon the printer model, one can use its utility for printing patches as well (IIRC, Epson has a good utility for this).

Mike

Well, as Sullyman and Russell noted above, its a good option to have with some printers or printing scenarios. But mostly I thought of it for profile / colour troubleshooting reasons. 

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672