You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Plugins under the Filter menu, it lists several PS plugins that don't work in Affinity and was wondering if there is anyway to delete them from the list?  I am using the Windows version.

Just for interest, this is a list of PS plugins that I have installed on my computer and their status in Affinity Photo:

Working

Anthropics - LandscapePro, PortraitPro

AutoFX - Mystical, PGE

Nik Collection - All

The Plugin Site - ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine

Topaz - DeNoise 6, Glow 2, InFocus, Impression 2, ReMask 5, ReStyle

Not working

ON1 Photo RAW 2017

Tiffen - Dfx v2

Topaz - Adjust 5, Clarity, Lens Effects, Star Effects

Carljh, I can't speak for all the plugins which you list as "not working", but I can say that all those Topaz ones DO work in AP for Windows on my computer.

Also, I'm surprised that you say they are shown under the Filters menu but are actually not working.  I have a number of filters which do work under PhotoPlus X8 but not under AP; they do not even appear in the Preferences>Photoshop plugins list and hence, not in the Filters menu either.

Is the problem for you caused by 32 bit versus 64 bit versions?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi emmrecs01,

In actual fact there are 5 Topaz plugins not working, ReMask should be in that list too.  The ones not working get the attached error message which according to another post on this Forum is 'not fixable' at this stage.

When I linked my Photoshop plugins folder to AP, only 3 Topaz programs came up and the only way I could get them all to show was to make a link to both the 32 and 64 bit Topaz folders also.  Like you say, it may have something to do with 32/64 bit versions as when you load Topaz programs, it installs both versions despite the fact mine is a 64 bit system.  I have also attached a shot of the Plugins folder in Affinity (not the best as the folders won't stay open to take a normal screenshot) which clearly shows all the Topaz plugins despite half of them not working.

Carl

post-46352-0-85277800-1482882970_thumb.jpgpost-46352-0-99801200-1482882978_thumb.jpg

Carl, I've not seen that "Transparency" error message with any of the Topaz plugins I've tested in AP (Adjust, Clarity, Clean, De-JPEG, Detail, Lens Effects and Star Effects) but I do remember with PhotoPlus X8 receiving a similar message with Vertus Fluid Mask, (which doesn't appear at all in AP for Windows but can, apparently, be used in AP for MAC :angry: ) the solution to which was to "Promote to Layer" the whole image.  Not sure whether any of the options on the Layers menu might be the equivalent?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.