derwok

[AD] Display bug: Completey Black canvas after Mac suspend resume with external monitor

* Affinity Designer 1.5.4, MacBook Pro Mid 2014, Graphics Card: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I used my MacBookPro with an external monitor (Mini Display Port connected). Then send Mac to sleep, and woke it up on HDMI connected Beamer for a demo.

Unfortunately, about the half of my loaded documents had a black canvas. The "Navigator" showed the right drawing. Only the canvas is black. A can even "Command+A" select all objects, what gives them a blue outline. But still the canvas is black.

Zoom pan did not help. Only thing that helped was closing and reopening all the black images.

Fun fact: some loaded images had no problem at all and survived the suspend/resume and monitor change without problems.

As I said: about half the loaded images went black...

See attachment! PAy attention to the navigator on the bottom right.

Thanks for taking care.

You rock!

Wolfram from Erlangen, Germany.

post-46468-0-61766600-1482757082_thumb.png

Hi same issue, with a Macbook Pro 13 2015 Mac OS 10.12.2 Affinity 1.5.1.

When I work with another app in few minutes, i come back to Affinity, I have  a black windows 

Hi derwok & Richi69,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm aware of an issue we have when connecting/disconnecting to and from a Thunderbolt display resulting in a black canvas. This is currently with our developers to look into further. I can't reproduce your issue at the moment as I don't have access to an HDMI monitor at the moment. Once I do I will confirm and if needed update the other issue with the new information.

Hi Lee D,

just FYI and to add info for you guys to this topic, I have the same issue. Hardwar/Software used:

macOS: 10.12.3

AD: 1.5.4

MacBook Pro: A1706 (Late 2016)

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

USB C Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter

Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Cheers

EDIT: I checked for updates last night just to make sure when I post it this morning all is up to date. You guys are either incredibly fast or it was a coincidence that just after I had hit sent that the App Store informed me of a fresh update released today :P . Either way, I'll be testing it and reporting. First check just now looks to be stable. Thanks heaps  B)

Hi there,

I have not really been testing, however, I just came across same issue again.

• Open a AD file on Mac without external devices to show colleagues.
  • Closed MacBook with project open
  • Connected to external monitor (extended not clamshell)
  • Canvas black while everything was visible in the Navigator (bottom right)

So, still something odd going on there.

Cheers

I have the same problem; 

Dell 27" Ultrasharp Monitor (U2715H)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

For me, the problems seems to be resolved (not 100% sure, still got a full day of work ahead of me.
What I did is enable "Use only integrated GPU".

http://imgur.com/a/nPRmo

Again, haven't run through every situation but at first glance this appears to resolve my issue.
I'll edit this post if I run into a scenario where the bug re-appears.

I've been using these settings for several days now and the problem is completely gone, also works for Photo.