You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A checkbox in Interface Preferences to show PPI instead of DPI

There is a discussion on PPI vs DPI in the Questions and Feedback section.  After discussion and consideration, I'd like to make an official feature request.

In the User Interface section of the Preferences in both Designer and Photo, I request that you include a checkbox to change the default DPI setting of documents to PPI.

I understand a portion of your staff believe DPI is an appropriate choice, so it could be set to DPI by default, and every one who feels strongly that it should read PPI could have a customization option to change their user experience within the software.  I feel that's a good compromise, considering everyone who understands what the field is for would understand that it would typically make no difference to anyone's workflow, and it would appease each party that has a preference to one acronym or the other.

Thank you for your consideration, I appreciate your time.

post-32155-0-90266000-1482713321_thumb.png

I am curious about what is exactly your functional issue with it... Do you work for print or screen ? Just random curiosity. I've chosen AP and AD mostly for my works for printing. (I mean, not so much for screen, although they serve me well for that, too )

As always, a configurable option sounds good, but leaving DPI as default if the majority of users would prefer that....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

I am curious about what is exactly your functional issue with it... Do you work for print or screen ? Just random curiosity. I've chosen AP and AD mostly for my works for printing. (I mean, not so much for screen, although they serve me well for that, too )

As always, a configurable option sounds good, but leaving DPI as default if the majority of users would prefer that....

This thread covers all my feelings about it, undoubtedly in excess.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32540-ppi-is-not-dpi/

Oh, I see. Well, it happens in more software applications, no big deal (at all) for me. Thanks for clarifying and the link. 

Cheers,

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.