You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reverse scroll (zoom) mouse wheel

Regan

Hi Affinity Team,

GREAT work on both Designer and Photo!!

I use both programs at my 9 - 5 and now purchased for my new business venture too.

Super productive, elegant software  :)

There is just one little gripe I have with both programs;

I check 'use mouse wheel to zoom' as I find this much quicker to navigate the canvas.

However, I spend a large chunk of my time in 3D CAD platforms where using the scroll wheel to 'pull' and 'push' objects nearer/farther feels much more intuitive.

i.e. scrolling back 'pulls' the object closer, and vice-versa.

This means everytime I switch between 3D and 2D platforms, my brain gets a jolt when I try to 'pull' the canvas closer and it gets pushed away.

It's a small detail that tends to make my workflow feel much less seamless than it could be.

...long story short, can you pleeeeeeaaase add a 'reverse scroll wheel' feature??

I'd be forever grateful  ^_^ ...and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there'd be a bunch of other users that would benefit from this too.

Thanks!

Hope to hear from you.

Regan.

Not sure if this will work for AP/AD but in System Preferences for the Mac you can change the scroll direction, and on Windows 10 with Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center under advanced options you can change the direction.

Maybe this will work for you?

MK