You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Bug: Shortcuts for brush size on German keyboard

naqoy

Hi,

On a German keyboard, the default keys for changing brush size are not usable; keys '[' and ']' must be entered by pressing Alt+5 and Alt+6. Therefore, I redefined the keys to use '<' and '>' instead which works fine, but only for brushes. I cannot use them to resize the tool size in the liquify perspective nor for brush overlays in the HDR perspective. I think they should work everywhere where I want to increase and decrease a tool size while working.

Furthermore in the preferences dialog, I think, the setting should not be placed under paint brush but in a more common (generic) category.

I sign that statement.

The impossibility to set the [ ] brakes on the German keyboard as a long known glitch in itself 

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Hi,

On a German keyboard, the default keys for changing brush size are not usable; keys '[' and ']' must be entered by pressing Alt+5 and Alt+6. Therefore, I redefined the keys to use '<' and '>' instead which works fine, but only for brushes. I cannot use them to resize the tool size in the liquify perspective nor for brush overlays in the HDR perspective. I think they should work everywhere where I want to increase and decrease a tool size while working.

Furthermore in the preferences dialog, I think, the setting should not be placed under paint brush but in a more common (generic) category.

I would even like to extend this. Can we have the possibility to change brush size with the mouse wheel? Maybe in conjunction with modifiers?

Agreed, this has been an issue in Photoshop for years. Ideally, these keys would be bound to the keyboard layout so that even when you're changing between different keyboard layouts a lot while the application is running (like say, German, US English and Japanese), these types of shortcuts will still function reasonably well and not suddenly become impossible to press.

• 5 months later...

Would have bumped this issue, but just found that AltGr (or) Alt and pushing both mouse buttons is the modifier I was searching for. 
I missed this in tutorial movies, and now after checking them again found it in the remarks below.