You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preparation for Platinum/Palladium printing with AFF.PH?

Hello to all Affinity Photo users.

Would you like to know if someone is using this software to prepare digital negatives for use in contact printing on the Platinum/Palladium method?

If so, would it be possible for you to share your workflow for the benefit of other users?

For those who are not familiar with this process that I have already tested, here is a link to a video, as an introduction to this magnificent technique:

Thank you for your attention.

Greetings.

AC

I have not made palladium/platinum prints, mere photogravure long time ago...

But I do not think there are any special tasks for AP in such production. Maybe it is needed to control Dmin and Dmax, maybe there have to be some correction curve. Probably you can produce neg image like any image.

Most challenges are in producing the actual physical negative film. I have no idea what devices can be used there. Maybe there are contone printers or laser exposers that can print to film?

Thanks Fixx for your feedback. Photogravure is also a very special process.

I used to prepare my images (B&W) without clipping whites or blacks.

Then the master printer apply a special curve and some other techniques to prepare the negative. The digital negative is printed in a regular printer with good quality, using transparent material.

My pleasure :-)

Platinum print can be done without any problem in small apartments.

What you saw in the video is almost industrial but it can be done at home. 

A camera, a computer, an inkjet printer, paper, the metals and if don´t want to buy an UV machine you can use the sun ,-)

• 2 years later...