creature

Graph-like glitches on image edges when using Silver Efex Pro with Affinity Photo

Hi, 

I've been using Affinity Photo for several months now, and really like it. I'm also using the Nik Collection plugins with Affinity Photo. 

Pretty much every time I use Silver Efex Pro with Affinity Photo, I end up with glitches/corruption along the bottom edge of my image. This seems to happen particularly strongly when I use the "colour filter" controls, and/or the "film types" to pick a film simulation. It shows up in the Silver Efex interface, and also in the 'rendered' result (though the exact glitches differ). 

Here's a screenshot of the corruption. After developing a RAW file I duplicated the layer & then opened Silver Efex Pro. After picking my settings, I clicked "Develop" to return to Affinity Photo. Pay close attention to the bottom edge of the photo: 

post-47144-0-40418500-1482556090_thumb.png

Zooming in, we can see patches of noise or lines along this edge:

post-47144-0-95046300-1482556111_thumb.png

I'd love to find a solution to this. Right now I tend to use the inpainting tool to remove them, but that can sometimes be fiddly and/or time-consuming.

I'm using Affinity Photo 1.5.1 right now, but this bug was also present in 1.5.0 and the 1.4.x series.

Hey creature,

Edited - I've managed to reproduce this. I have also reproduced it in Photoshop which leads me to believe the fault will be with the Nik collections. Have you tried other apps as well? 

I haven't got any other image editors that support Photoshop plugins, unfortunately, so I've no easy way to try in other apps. But yes, it happening in Photoshop does suggest it's a fault in the plugin. I was guessing it was in Affinity Photo, because I haven't found any other reports of this issue online. 

AFAIK Google hasn't come out and directly stated "We're not updating the Nik Collection any more", but that seems likely. So I guess I'm out of luck with getting this fixed. :( Thanks for looking into it, though!

(While trying to find info about Nik Collection updates I did find this report of the same problem; I'll link this thread there too.)

Ah, that post is displaying what I was seeing on numerous images. It's a shame because the Nik plugins are generally quite good. Sorry I can't be of more help with this one  :unsure: