Sign in to follow this  
matt

Same output image when using different export options

Getting the same image output with all export options.

Same file size to the byte!

Same visual content.

Have tried all 5 export filter types.

Any ideas?

Tried in the latest Beta and the Release version. Happens in both.

Hi Matt,

I'm a bit confused on this one right now - I've just tried a quick test and all export options from either File->Export or those available on a slice in Export Persona are giving me the correct output - file contents match what I've chosen and file sizes are appropriately larger or smaller... Is there a particular file you're using that you could send me? Any more information at all would be great - whereabouts are you exporting from and which are the 5 export filter types?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I'm not using slices, I just choose File/Export... and then set my size (4000 x 4000 pixels), choose a filter, and then click Export.

Where is best to send files? I do not want to post them here.

Sent.

Interestingly, the size estimates that is displayed in the app on the export dialog is the same for each filter.

The document was created by me dropping a bitmap into Affinity and then vectoring over the top and later deleting the bitmap layer. Not sure if that would make a difference.

OK, so I heard from @MattP by email.

The issue was that I was exporting at 100% so the image was not being resized—therefore no filtering or resampling to do.

I would ask, then, that the resampling options be disabled when the art is not being resized.

I agree completely that we shouldn't be offering 5 different options that achieve precisely nothing if your data would not be resampled. It's not as easy as just saying if the document is not resized, because obviously any raster items on the page could have been resized, but we can do a sweep through the document checking for scaling and then only offer the resample options if they'll actually achieve anything :)

Excellent.

It's interesting to read that, as I am sure a lot of people (not me) do no appreciate the complexity or knock on effects of "simple" options like this