kdochert

Panorama stitching

Hi,

I've done 20 or so panorama stitches using Affinity 1.5.1 on the Mac so far with great results, but am having problems with a scene involving flowing water. If you look at the water in the attached stitch you can see straight lines where a good merge wasn't found. Is this a bug or a limitation of Panoramic's with flowing water?

Hey kdochert,

Can you supply a link to these images so we can take a look? I do know flowing water is very difficult to stitch as the app will struggle to find the similarities in each image it uses to stitch but I'm interested to see the results. It might be worth us doing some comparisons too. 

Hi Chris,

Please find below a link to the individual shots that created this panoramic, the challenge being time between shots due to several second exposures.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58859207

I was able to correct the lines in post editing using blur brush and motion blur functions but still thought the sticking might have faded in the interfaces better in the moving water rather than the lines created?

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the images. I can see the lines you are referring to. Though they don't look as bad as I as expecting, it definitely requires a fair amount of editing the fix this after the stitch. I have tried another app and it didn't display the issue we are seeing so I think there is room for improvement. 

I'd like to pass this over to the development team for them to look at. Thanks :)

Sure np, glad to be of assistance. I did three panoramics of this scene actually, and all three showed similar lines in the water so it is very repeatable and not a one off anomaly. Do you want the other panoramic shots also or is the one example sufficient?

I think what you have sent me is fine - thank you :) The report I logged has already been assigned to a developer so hopefully they will get some time to look at improving things.