You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Text as Text" in EPS export

Because I realized it is not that I just have not found the feature but it really is not existant I want to request the feature here again.

It would be easy to implement exporting text as true text (and not paths) in EPS (at least as an export option). This would not only make the EPS file smaller in size when using a lot of text but also make it possible to loss-less edit or replace the text in other applications (e.g. using psfrag in latex).

Also see this topic:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32433-text-export-in-eps-for-use-with-psfrag-in-latex/

I noticed that Inkscape for example can go even a step further and produce a latex file with the text replacements together with the EPS export in place! That is also really nice, although not that important to have compared to the pure "text as text" option.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Btw, same holds for importing EPS with text in it, which is currently also imported as paths and not as editable text.

And so far not even a response from Afinity Designer team? Come on, these are basic features for a design software like this!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

+1

I don't know how difficult this is to add, but this would make Affinity Designer so much more useful for me with my LaTeX workflow. Affinity Designer makes very nice human-readable EPS files (much better than the competition), but forcing all text to be converted to paths is inefficient and undesirable in some cases. An option to "export text as text" vs "export text as paths" for EPS files would be greatly appreciated! 

• 2 months later...