You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Install Affinity Designer (Windows) on Windows 10

Hi,

Today I purchased Affinity Designer for Windows. After purchased I have download the "affinity-designer-1.5.1.exe" file.

After downloaded I am trying to install. After double click the exe. Nothing is happening. When I try to open again. It says "Affinity Designer Setup is already running". I waited more than 2 hours (nothing happen).

Can you please help me to solve this problem

Attached my System Details & Error Message screenshot

Thanks & Regards

Kannan

post-47070-0-48102000-1482478217_thumb.jpg

post-47070-0-33729500-1482478230_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Kannan,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having issues installing Affinity Designer, from a clean boot up of your system. Have you tried right clicking the downloaded file and selecting to run as Admin? Try turning off any antivirus or firewall software that may be running, sometimes these can have an effect on installations. 

Hi, my Name is Uwe. I come from Rheda-Wiedenbrueck in Germany. I have installed Affinity-Photo without Problems, than i trying install Affinity- Designer, 
i became this Error Message see the picture:
post-47232-0-74536700-1482678922_thumb.jpg

I have the same Install Packages on my Notebook (W10, 64b) installed - it works perfect. Greets to the Affinity Community
(sorry for my english)

I have tried installing Affinity Photo 1.5 3 times, each time it says the installation has ended prematurely, my system has not been modified, To install this program at a later time run setup wizard again. My laptop is Windows 10 and pretty new, what modifications must i make?

Hi, I just bought Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 the other day and installed smoothly. However once I try to open it, the program doesn't load, only the logo shows and then nothing happens. I have tried Beta on the same computer and it worked out just fine. My computer details below. Please help me on this. Thanks.

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 1/2/2017, 12:08:15
             Machine name: DESKTOP-U5NOPIT
               Machine Id: {DBC3B65F-7AA7-4DF0-8CA1-0C6014961B5D}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161208-2252)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
             System Model: X555UB
                     BIOS: X555UB.204
                Processor: Intel® Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
                   Memory: 4096MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 3996MB RAM
                Page File: 4233MB used, 2193MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

• Staff

I have tried installing Affinity Photo 1.5 3 times, each time it says the installation has ended prematurely, my system has not been modified, To install this program at a later time run setup wizard again. My laptop is Windows 10 and pretty new, what modifications must i make?

Can you follow the steps below, this will create an installation log for us to look into.

Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run Dialog. Drag the downloaded setup file e.g affinity-photo-1.5.0.45.exe into the Run Dialog window. You should get the following – my downloaded file was on my desktop, be sure to change the username section to your Windows username excluding the brackets.

After this add /log to so it reads C:\Users\{yourusername}\Desktop\affinity-photo-1.5.0.45.exe /log and then press OK – the installation will start as normal.

You can access the install.log by navigating to %TEMP%/AffinitySetup/ from the Run Dialog. You will want the folder with the latest Created/Modified Date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kayearti,

Try doing a clean boot in Windows using this link for the steps. Once in a clean boot then run the setup for Affinity Designer, hopefully this will allow the app to be installed.

Hi Lee D,

I have already done the clean boot as suggested and tried to install it again. Like before, installation was smooth, BUT when I try to open the program, it doesn't open fully. Only the logo shows up and then nothing happens. It's almost 3 weeks now and I haven't used this program even once. Please help me figure out what's wrong. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi kayearti,

Do you have any of the following software installed as these are the only ones we are aware of that can stop Affinity from loading.

• FastPictureViewer Codec Pack
  • Duet Display
  • D3DGear
  • QTranslate

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same issues described by CreativeKannan and managed to get round it by setting my startup to Diagnostic. To do this press the Windows key, type "msconfig" and select Diagnostic Startup from the checkboxes. Once you have restarted your computer it should install no problem - just remember to switch it back to standard boot once you are finished! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kayearti,

Do you have any of the following software installed as these are the only ones we are aware of that can stop Affinity from loading.

• FastPictureViewer Codec Pack
  • Duet Display
  • D3DGear
  • QTranslate

Hi Lee D,

I have checked but none of those softwares are installed in my laptop. What could still be done? Thanks.