You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Happy Holidays - My first illustration

sel

Hello all! I've been interested in illustration most of my life and just now (with the help of Affinity Design and the workbook) started to take the time to dive in. Given the season, I decided to start with a simple illustration of a kid building a snowman. I hope you guys enjoy it! Any tips or critiques are much appreciated. Happy Holidays

post-39993-0-18648200-1482469394_thumb.png

Any tips or critiques are much appreciated. Happy Holidays

Your first really? … cool!

Quite a pleasant scene with enough snow to remind

me of my childhood winter holidays!

I would suggest you revise the transparency strategy

— is the only tip or critique I have as photographer.

Your wishes are mirrored and for the New Year too!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

I like it, especially the snowman looks good!

I agree with Kodiak though - I don't know if it's the look you were wanting to achieve but I'd look at the opacity levels on things like the trees/brush as you can see the outline of the backgrounds beneath. That could just be personal preference though.

Very festive :)

Thanks for the feedback! I was a little concerned with the use of opacity as well, but I thought it looked okay on the kid; it's always hard to judge your own work :/ I'll make some changes and post the finished product.

Also, I guess it's not totally fair to say my first illustration, as I've done a couple of the Affinity Workbook examples, a more accurate statement would be my first illustration that was completely my own work.

Thanks again for your input! :)