Ashkos

Affinity Photo : Adjustment layer

Hello together,

I have a problem to call a adjustment layer.

At first I did create a mask.

As last step I tried to call up the adjustment layer. (Crash)

Somtimes it works and… 

At last step I tried to call up a gradient layer or anything else… (Crash)

Hello...

At seems that this error occur sporadically and is not reproducible. Now I get a different error.
I know it is not helpful but it is as it is.  

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

post-41432-0-20751900-1482564122_thumb.png

Hello ...

The same problem. If I try to reproduced it, it does work! ???
I'm not been able to send you an example file. Too big (more than 24MB origin) !! (As ZIP Version 21 MB)!!

Best regards !!

Hi!

I don't know if it's the exact same issue, but quite often when I've been running Affinity Photo for a bit (like 20min +) and I add an adjustment layer (curve adjustment) it kind of freezes. It doesn't look like it's frozen because I can still drag the photo but I can't do much, not even save the image. It freezes without looking like it is frozen - quite frustrating. I'm running it on Win7. I need to restart AP and sometimes when I'm lucky there's a recovery file.

Also AP likes to eat up my RAM over time although I close images and don't usually have more than 1-2 open.

Best regards!

Hello ...

Yes it seems similar.... see below. All this errors are not reproducible....

Best Regards and a Happy New Year.

But I think the guys will do the best !!!!!

post-41432-0-15271400-1483037392_thumb.png

post-41432-0-37092100-1483037423_thumb.png

post-41432-0-77712500-1483037457_thumb.png

post-41432-0-50836300-1483037473_thumb.png

Hello,

In my case I do not receive an error message and I can still click buttons and stuff in AP but it just won't do anything.

What triggers it is usually when I add a curve adjustment.

Anyways, let's hope you're right and they fix this! This seems too basic a task for it to be bugged.

Happy NYE! Guten Rutsch!

Cheers

Oh my god, this is killing me!

Can you please look into fixing the curve adjustment layer so that it doesn't crash and I lose my work? This is very frustrating.

Hello ...

If you have the same problem ? Please reduce  the current RAM resource (Menue "Resource")  !! It could be the solution!!!

Best Regards

post-41432-0-12157400-1483387911_thumb.png

Hi Nomad and Ashkos,

Unfortunately we've been unable to replicate your crashes (Ashkos, yours looks like it has crashed in several different areas doing different things). However we have just released a new beta for Photo available here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/33310-affinity-photo-customer-beta-15151/

If you could install that and try to reproduce your crashes. Once it crashes if you then reopen the Beta it will ask you to send your crash reporter off. If you could do that with a link to this thread and a bit of information on what you were doing that would be great. We'll then be able to get development to look into the reports.

Thanks!

Hi Sean,I just made the beta crash in a similar way (I forgot to include a link to this thread the first time I sent the crash report so you may see 2 similar crashes). Code 0x80004003. Copy of my crash description:

After loading a raw image, developing it and working with it for 10-20 minutes, doing different standard things to it, loading an adjustment layer causes AP to crash sometimes.I just submitted a crash report 20 minutes ago but I forgot to include the link to the forum thread where this is being discussed:https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32482-affinity-photo-adjustment-layer/Cheers
Hope it helps. By the way, I could not seem to load plugins in the beta (clicking plugins simply did nothing). Not sure if that is normal.Cheers

Hi Sean, I just made the beta crash in a similar way (I forgot to include a link to this thread the first time I sent the crash report so you may see 2 similar crashes). Code 0x80004003. Copy of my crash description:

Hope it helps. By the way, I could not seem to load plugins in the beta (clicking plugins simply did nothing). Not sure if that is normal. Cheers

Thanks for that I've got your crash reports now so will get them passed on.