You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been trying to make Selection on one photo to copy into another.

However, my efforts have been frustrated by the Selection shooting off

in all directions and not trying to stay on the main colour of the subject 

I'm trying to select.

I have Added and Subtracted to the selection but it won't do what I 

want.

It certainly isn't doing it as easy as in the tutorials.

I have given up for now.

Is there a pen tool (Photoshop)?

It is the same in my work.

With C making a part of the image, than copy or cut, or I get only this part as the image. But put into not works, not in an other image not in a new file.

So I put this post up again.

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

After a restart of AP it changes. Now I can select a part of image A and then going to image B. Then with >put in B is deleted and a part of A is shown. BUT it is not the part I selected but some more.

Mystery

lars

OK, I found it now. Left in the tools there is a squere for selection or another image for free form to select. I did not see that in last one there is a sign that is to change to sqere... IT IS VERY SMALL, CAN YOU MAKE IT RED OR YELLOW PLEASE.

With the squere it runs as usual. >selection >copy; change to other image >put in; than you can with the arrow-tool work wirh it.

lars

@ Hiro2001,

From your description I am guessing that you are using the Selection Brush Tool & it is selecting more than you want when you 'paint' with it.

If this is correct, try using a smaller brush size. From the Painting pixel selections help topic:

The number of pixels selected is determined by the size (width) of the brush in two ways:
• A larger brush size will paint a larger area in one stroke and therefore more pixels are selected.
• A larger brush size will give Affinity Photo a larger sample size in which to determine how far the selection should expand when selecting similar colour value pixels.

You also may want to disable Snap to Edges to make some selections, which the same help topic explains will set the 'non-expansion' selection method.

I suggest reading that help topic, which includes a more detailed explanation of how the brush works & two "before & after" interactive graphics.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7