You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

remove eps white background

I am glad you like my name :)

Thank you for the extensive and exhaustive testing!

So, I am going to export the image with the globe in svg, only that I noticed that when I do the image loses some of the clarity on the glob, continents become blurry.

Let me try this again, and .png will try this now

Fwiw. The white square is from the UK in Blue layer (and it's transprency). It seems like you don't need it so just delete it and remove the black strokes like Ronnie said and the EPS should be fine. 

If you still want to use the UK, make sure it's clipped inside the globe boundaries.

(ignore the "red behind" part in the file name......leftover from earlier experiment)

(I'm missing a font....)

issues with the globe with red behind 6.eps

Fwiw. The white square is from the UK in Blue layer (and it's transprency). It seems like you don't need it so just delete it and remove the black strokes like Ronnie said and the EPS should be fine. 

(ignore the "red behind" part in the file name......leftover from earlier experiment)

(I'm missing a font....)

Hmm, interesting I removed that uk layer even rasterized the mask and globe too and I still ended up with that with box around  the exported .eps. so bizarre.

Thank you Ronnie and Jimmy - I am going to give up. Thank you both for your help. ;)

Awww, I hate that word "give up" are you sure. Jimmy file worked fine. What is the issue now? Is it to low res. cant you use another globe image Hell, you could build that image of the globe all in vector right in Affinity Designer!

W

I downloaded a vector image and had the same issue,. I think affinity is fantastic, but I seem to be behind the curve as I havent had too much practice, so  I need to sit and play for a longer time.  I will put this on the back burner until I need to re-visit again. :)

What? A vector image that had the same issue? Now that is odd something really odd! I never ran into an issue like this I hate defeat! Well let me know when you revisit it!

Hmm, interesting I removed that uk layer even rasterized the mask and globe too and I still ended up with that with box around  the exported .eps. so bizarre.

Well, Sunshine probably doesn't want this to pop up to the top again... but just had to add.... fwiw.

Ronnie, it seems that neither can be rasterized. The eps only seems to work if both the globe is an Image layer and the mask is either a Shape or a curve. (I can understand the mask vector thing, but the image/pixel difference for the globe, even as it's being masked is..... interesting  :huh: )

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have the same issue and a very annoying one. I messed up an order I made, because unknowingly it created a white square which messed up the design. The issue happened as following: I have an .eps file with a text image (vector made in affinity) then I used that vector and placed it in another file, which I exported as .eps as well. I tried many many different export options with .eps. Note: I do want to keep .eps, though, because most print shops really prefer vector images over a .png file, so .png is just not a professional option IMO. Also, I did turn on 'transparent background on the image and the embedded image. Here's a screenshot of opening the final .eps file in designer. So I'm pretty sure this a bug? How to debug it? Now the only option I have is to select my vectors, past them in illustrator and export it from there with no problem, but I'd like to not have to open Illustrator though. Here's a link to the actual file. Any help available?

• 2 months later...

Steven, can you describe more accurately what is wrong with Export as EPS for Print? (Any EPS format for that matter--none of them will rasterize the contents of your file.)

The file is exported all as vector. Is it you do not want the white letters?

• 5 months later...

This solution is dependant upon having both affinity photo and designer.

Import or drag/drop image in AP (affinity photo). Click on > filters > colours > erase white paper. Then head up to file > edit in designer. This way it instantly removes all white without messing around with layers, selection tools, pixel persona or whatever. Then it opens directly into designer without having to save or export. BRILLIANT solution and takes seconds.