You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remember tool settings in Photo

Hi,

maybe I'm too stupid but I still could not figure out how to remember tool settings in AP 1.5. I read several threads about sticky settings and so on and I think that this should be an important feature, but I have no solution. For example, the crop tool: In much more than 50% I want to preserve the aspect ratio and nearly always I want to shade the outer area (great feature, by the way!). However, even in one session with the same image, when I reuse the tool, it is set to unrestricted and the shading checkbox is disabled.

In fact I would prefer customizable defaults rather than sticky settings because I can then change the setting for one use of the tool but have my defaults active the next time. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Naqoy,

One way to do this is to select the tool and apply the settings to it you want to save and then go to Edit > Defaults > Save. However this isn't supported by all tools yet (for example the Crop Tool) so it wont work with everything I'm afraid.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Interesting. I haven't found this menu before. I played a bit around right now but could not figure out what should happen (also I found no documentation about these menu entries). It seems that still some tools are coupled. For example, I adjusted the settings for the impainting brush. I saved the settings and then switched to the healing brush which now has the same settings. I  changed the settings for the healing brush and switched back to the impainting brush. There, I now have the modified settings from the healing brush but not the ones saved before. That confuses me.

And, by the way, what is the purpose of the entry 'Edit > Defaults > Synchronise from selection'? I was not able to find any effect with my few tests.

Naqoy