You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.5.0.45 still has Wacom brush delay

I just bought your product, but i did not go far with it.

Unfortunately the Wacom brush delay still occurs, it is impossible to use your product right now for me. Every time i start new stroke it has 1 second or less delay and during that time it creates straight line. I attached a file so you can see it.

I don't know if this is any help but my log file says this:

Attempting to create Direct3D device on default adapter
Setting screen DPI to 117.797101449275 (scale = 1.0)
WinTab: Failed to get tangent pressure info
Attempting to create Direct3D device on default adapter
Setting screen DPI to 117.797101449275 (scale = 1.0)

I also check the Customer beta 1.5.1.47, same thing happens in that version too.

post-40801-0-75243600-1482374364_thumb.png

I'm working with an Intuos 4 on 64Bit Windows 7 System (32GB Ram)
Did turn of the History and Layers Panel - the effect still remains.
Here's a sample video showing the delay when using the retauration brush:

https://youtu.be/wYtGhz-5BsE

Cheers,

Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 3 weeks later...

I might find something helpful maybe to this problem. I am using Wacom Intuos driver 6.3.18-5 for CTL-480 model. This driver works perfectly on Ps, Gimp and Krita, but has input delay on Photo.
Today i updated my drivers to 6.3.20-3. When i checked Affinity Photo, it still had input delay, but also all other softwares had same delay. I had to revert drivers back to 6.3.18-5 version. Now again everything runs smoothly except Photo.

The helpful part may be the fact that the issue is related to the specific driver, which devs might have omitted. There is clearly some problem with Wacom drivers here, but i am not sure which side has to make corrections, Wacom, or Affinity. Since newest drivers skrew Intuos not only for Photo but all other softwares, maybe older one also has some loophole.

This may be useful for affinity to pinpoint where the problem lies.

It is realy hard to tell if it's just Wacom, not mouse. Since my input lag is small and occurs only the i start new stroke. I cannot make perfect circle with mouse, sometimes i see straight lines like in Wacom, but i don't 'feel' the delay. I am almost certain that this is only Wacom related.

I have history on and layers panel always visible, no delay at all, working nice !

I remember some years ago, Ps also had some problems with some Wacom driver versions. I guess Affinity should collaborate directly with Wacom on such problems (I also guess they ever do ;) )

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

For me actually the new driver (6.3.20-3) improved a brush behavior in AP/AD. At least in a case of "brush lag" - the response has improved a little bit, but not disappeared completely. Drawing of short and thin lines (for example) is still a real challenge. The line "ugliness" is also still the same and needs to be fixed for serious work. (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/30426-wobbly-lines-ad-15143/?p=147697). In other applications I did not notice a change or any delay (Sketchbook, Clip Studio Paint etc.).

Rendering GPU: Geforce 755M (Driver 376.19).Tablet: Wacom Intuos PS CTL-480 (Driver 6.3.20-3), Windows 8.1 64-bit, SSD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

It is been long time since last customer beta, are you planning to work on solving that problem in near future ?

It is something they will eventually get around to but I have no idea when. I haven't had any lag for a while but I still get the straight line at the start of a circle. This has been bumped quite a few times since we first got a report of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.