You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make text with perspective?

Slowly but surely I'm learning AF Designer but right now more slowly than surely! ;) 

How to make text with perspective? I'm not sure how to search "Help". What I'd like to do is place my text on a wall that looks slightly taller on the left, but smaller to the right, in proportion to my drawing. Like on a hallway wall. I wasn't sure what to call this as I call it perspective but I guess skew might be correct.

Please help before I lose all my hair! :D

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

• Staff

Hi GARoss,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo does have a Perspective Tool and Perspective Live filter (besides the Mesh Warp Tool mentioned by Alfred) which you can apply in Photo and still edit them after switching the document to Designer (menu File ▸ Edit in Designer...), but they are raster based. Currently there's plans to add a Mesh Warp Tool to Designer too and eventually a Perspective Distortion Tool later as well. Check Designer's roadmap for more info.

Currently there's plans to add a Mesh Warp Tool to Designer too and eventually a Perspective Distortion Tool later as well. 

Was that a hint of a 1.7 feature I detected? I recall there being a distortion tool on the roadmap of 1.6, but not a perspective tool.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

APh has a Mesh Warp Tool but AD doesn't have one yet.

Hi GARoss,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo does have a Perspective Tool and Perspective Live filter (besides the Mesh Warp Tool mentioned by Alfred) which you can apply in Photo and still edit them after switching the document to Designer (menu File ▸ Edit in Designer...), but they are raster based. Currently there's plans to add a Mesh Warp Tool to Designer too and eventually a Perspective Distortion Tool later as well. Check Designer's roadmap for more info.

Yes, that's what I needed & did the trick. :) Thanks, I'll check out the roadmap, too.

George

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2