You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I reinstall Affinity Photo after uninstalling?

Thank you for the quick reply.  I did restart my computer, then went  back to app store and I was able to reinstall.  BUT, I still have the same problem.  Unable to load a photo (doesn't matter what size I choose) and no tool bar on the left.

And, when I choose a photo to load, and the info shows up on the upper left side of the workplace, then all the choices are available from things like "Document", "Filters", etc.  as if there were a photo there.  When there is no photo visible (or you haven't opened one) all those choices are greyed out. 

And, still no tools.

Hi Sparkleybright,

What happens when you use File ▸ Open to open an image?

Please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the Application from Launchpad, then select Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the application.

Does it solve all those issues?

WOW, that pressing and holding Control is a nifty little thing to know about!!!!!  Fixed it absolutely !!!!    Thank you soooooooo much.  I have been struggling with this for two days. 

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi Abdulaziz ossman,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

From where did you bought it? And what version have you bought - for Windows or for Mac?

For Windows:

If you bought it from the Affinity Store, you have to sign-in there, click your name in the top right of the interface, go to Download & Product Keys section and download the installer from there. You will also find your e-mail/product key pair there.

If you have bought from the Microsoft Store, just run it, write the name of the app in the search field on the top right to find the app product page and click the blue Install button near the app icon.

For Macintosh:

Run the Mac App Store - make sure you are signed-in with the same Apple ID used to buy the app -, go to the Purchased section on top, look for the app name in the list below and click the Install button in front on it. 

• 3 years later...

Hello, okay, so I have the Affinity Designer app installed on my Mac Desktop and everything seems quiet fine until I look closely and notice the icons seem like they are frozen. When I go to click on the icons on the side nothing is responding whatsoever. 

Someone please assist me, because I'm excited to start using this app. 

Hi and welcome to the forums @alexandrathegreat

After you click on the Designer icon and it just sits there, do you see Affinity Designer (next to the Apple logo) in the menu at the top of the Mac's screen? If you do then go to the file menu and make a new document. File > New...

I think what has happened is you closed all the windows and so there is nothing to see, the application is still running which is why it doesn't do that little bounce thing in the dock.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.