10on12

Move tool behaves like Scroll tool

When I select the "Move" tool it displays and acts like the "Scroll" tool.

No amount of re-selecting will force it to behave properly.

The only way to get it to behave properly is to zoom out or in - that seems to bring it to its senses.

This has been happened from the 1st Beta I downloaded and still happens in 1.1.2 - thought it might have corrected itself but no.

It's a complete chore especially working with text frames.

If I had a way of selecting text frames without having to change tool I probably wouldn't even notice.

Help appreciated.

move-tool.mov

"You can select text frames with the Text tool by clicking on them."

You can't pick them up and move them about though - give us a keystroke to toggle to the "Move" tool and all would be OK.

Esc > V just isn't great.

Esc goes to the Move tool. I'm surprised V does not then take you back to the Text tool; I think it should. Meanwhile you can double-click on text with the Move tool to switch to the Text tool.

"Meanwhile you can double-click on text with the Move tool to switch to the Text tool."

But not the other way - still no way of picking up/moving a frame without breaking your stride.

Freehand changed to the Move tool by holding down CMD - move frame - release CMD - back to editing text. Simple.

cmd modifier is reserved for multiple text selection as per the reply to your previous thread here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1380-tool-selectiontoggling/

Toggling V stops working after you esc a text frame so if this were fixed it would at least be a step in the right direction

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com