none-of-your-business

Cannot create new lines

I cannot create new lines. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create 2 new layers

2. draw a line on layer 1

3. lock layer 1

4. double-click on layer 2, so it is selected

5. draw a line on layer 2

6. click anywhere on the canvas (so the newly drawn line is not selected anymore)

what happens:

The line, which was drawn in layer 2 disappears and is nowhere to be found(also not in layer 1)

expected behavior:

The line on layer 2 should still be visible and editable

Just a minor thing, you only need to single-click a layer to select it. I followed your recipe and I'm not getting the same problem. What tool are you using to draw your lines? I used the Pencil Tool and to deselect my second line I just pressed Escape.

Thanks,

Matt

Something weird is going on - the line does not seem to be drawn. I selected everything with CMD+a and the lines are actually there. When I now use the selection-tool they seem normal. So I played around a bit and it turns out that when I change the width to a new value the lines get actually drawn and stay - even though they had a width of 1pt all along...

Is this in a completely new document? I'm asking because I'm trying to establish what the creation defaults for the object are - it might be possible that there is a way to create lines that have no visible weight - and that would be a bug! :)

No, I already drew a couple of lines. Only when I started adding new layers this issue appeared. And I also checked - the lines are drawn with a weight of 1 pt. When I select them "blindly" (CMD+A) the also show a weight of 1 pt, but are only drawn when I change the weight to a new value...