You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Settings XML file for Wacom Tablets

Some software (Artec Sudio 11, for example) comes with an XML file for the optimal settings for Wacom tablets for use with the software.

See  http://101.wacom.com/UserHelp/en/ExpertSettings.htm. 

I'm sure that someone at Serif is working on the Wacom/Affinity connection and knows the current best settings for using Wacom products with Affinity products. I'm am thinking mainly about the brush dynamics configurations. 

It would be really helpful to have access to the xml file that your developers are currently using for testing Wacom products. I just got the new Wacom Mobile Studio pro at the same time as I got the Windows version of  APh, So it's taking a lot of experimentation to work out the best way to use them together and I am not very knowledgeable about brush dynamics. 

Thanks

Jim

http://js-ca.net

• 5 months later...

Another thing that would help would be some place to test the settings within the system. For example, a little box to show that the sensitivity tool was working, a button to press to show that the wacom could click, something to try erasing with the back of the pen, etc.

At the moment, if you are new to the program, there's no way to figure out if it's the wacom tablet/affinity software that's glitchy, or whether you simply just don't understand the program yet.