Sign in to follow this  
raglet

Grid offset & pixel view bug

Decided to switch over to AD from AI for icon design but this bug makes it almost impossible to work. When I switch to pixel view the grid gets randomly offset from the artboard. See screenshots below. The second example is and even bigger issue as you can clearly see in vector view that the vertical line is perfectly aligned, but still appears blurry in pixel view. 

Tested this behaviour on both 1.5.4 & 1.5.5b5

post-35922-0-67122900-1482225357_thumb.pngpost-35922-0-87894800-1482225354_thumb.png

post-35922-0-18325800-1482226228_thumb.pngpost-35922-0-80305400-1482226230_thumb.png

UPDATE: It's also not just a visual glitch. It actually affects the exported assets. You can see in the screenshot below that the issue carries over to the slice in the export persona. This makes AD completely unusable for icon design! :/

post-35922-0-46423200-1482227476_thumb.png

Hi raglet

This is a known issue with artboards in pixel view. Hopefully we can get this sorted in a future update

Cheers

Any approximate ETA on this? Hopefully & future are both rather vague. Isn't this a show stopper bug for any kind of pixel perfect design when using artboards, so I'm assuming it would be pretty high up on your 'to fix' list? Also, like I mentioned above this doesn't seem to be a 'Pixel View' only problem. It also affects the export persona and hence the exported artwork that is now not pixel perfect. Also would you be able to suggest a workaround to this issue while you fix it?

I also noticed it and it's pretty bad. It's the kind of bug that completely breaks the tool.

Please, correct it ASAP.

Thank you

AD-pixels%20grid.png

Exactly. This bug + the expand stroke bug make this software unusable for me as a UI designer. Quite sad actually.