You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A tool to curve flat images >>>> I.E. take a label and bend it around can

Hello Affinity Forum,  Can I bring up a suggestion for a 'CURVE' tool please.

Affinity has got a tool which can straighten an image.

Would it be possible to develop a ' Curve Tool ' that can be applied to a flat label image and progressively change the flatness to a curved shape that can be applied to a bottle or can shape on a previously photographed image.

I have tried to use the supplied Warp Mesh tool.  Not with much success because I can't understand the principle of the nodes.  

It has been possible for me to adjust the image label perspective so that it can be applied to a flat top of a jar successfully. 

A jar image is below which needs a wrap around logo image.  

Hope that I have explained myself properly.  Affinity Photo is clearly an amazing programme so far.  I have a lot of learning to do but even after only using it for one day I realise that my gray cells (at almost 70 years old) will be exercised for many weeks, but the results will be worth it.  Regards John Skelton in  Exile in the Slovak Republic

logo-gold-lid-1.afphoto

post-46655-0-08676800-1482223799_thumb.gif

post-46655-0-00853700-1482223810_thumb.jpg

post-46655-0-14995500-1482223916_thumb.jpg

post-46655-0-07363700-1482224710_thumb.gif

Hit to Forum users,  I have solved some of the problematics in bending flat labels.  I watched a video on YouTube which was designed for another famous programme which I won't mention here.  

This gave me clues as to how nodes can be manipulated in the Mesh Warp tool.

I have not made a perfect job.  But good enough for my clients current web site picture.  

There were some issues which I am still not sure about and saving the manipulated image in Affinity Photo as a GIF or JPEG caused Affinity to crash and not save the image.  I persevered and eventually succeeded in saving a manipulated bent image.

Perhaps Affinity could produce an educational video on this warping subject.. I am sure this would be well recieved.

John Edwin Skelton in Exile in the Slovak Republic.

post-46655-0-57945400-1482249712_thumb.jpg

post-46655-0-31899100-1482249715_thumb.jpg