DanF

Cursor does not blink on external screen

Hi, I'm experiencing a strange problem here. I've got the following setup:

- Windows 10

- Lenovo Notebook

- external LCD from LG (24MB65PY)

- Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43

When I use Affinity Designer on the external LCD the blinking cursor does not get always shown. To reproduce the issue do the following:

1) select an object

2) click on the input field "W" in the transform panel (now the width gets selected, blue highlight)

3) press the left arrow key (now the selection vanishes and there is no blinking cursor)

The same thing sometimes happens after using the backspace key. On the notebook screen this behaviour does not happen. It seems to be related to the external LCD. In the Windows system settings the scaling is set to 100%.

Hi DanF,

I've just tried this on a Lenovo machine here with a 27" display connected via HDMI set to 1920x1080 and unfortunately couldn't reproduce the issue. Does it happen in any other software? 

Hi Sean P,

I recognized this in Affinity Designer only. I can upload a screen capture video if this is of any help.

The screen resolution is set to 1920x1200 (recommended). Screen is connected via mini display port.

Resolution of the notebook lcd is set to 1920x1080 (recommended).