JokerMartini

[Affinity Photo] Bugs and Crashes

1. When i press ctrl+c to copy with a lasso selection active, no matter what you do it copies the entire layer. It should copy just the contents within the selection lasso. (Photo) Is there a way to do a lasso selection and then do > copy select to layer? This is one of the most common actions used in Photoshop.

2. When I attempt to fill a layer it doesn't do anything? (Photo)

video link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay10mllt0tfw77a/BrokenFill.mp4?dl=0

3. It appears i can not set the brush color without it automatically adjusting the color of my entire image....why is this? It appears broken and rather serious in my opinion. (Photo)

4. If i open multiple files by dragging and dropping them into Photo and then try to eye-drop a color it crashes the program.

video link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sulm3lc7qr7vwig/eyedropper_crash.mp4?dl=0

DOWNLOAD the videos from my dropbox for high quality.

1 and 2 are working fine for me (Windows 10). Bit hard to make out what you're doing in the videos because of the low resolution. Might also help if you showed the Layer manager so we can see what layer you're on.

3. Can't understand what you're describing / can't replicate. I can change the brush colour without it changing anything.

4 - no crashes for me.

5. Agreed. Seems to be hard coded to the Delete function.

Hey JokerMartini,

How have you added the image to your document? Have you used File > Place at all?

1. Is the layer you were trying to copy rasterized?

2. We would ideally need to see your Layer Panel as 3DKiwi suggested so we can see what is happening as this is working fine for me too. 

3. Perhaps record a quick clip to display what you mean as I'm a little unsure.

4. We can reproduce this so will get it reported it.

5. I'll look into this. I imagine there is a reason however I shall try and get the answer for you.

1 and 2 are working fine for me (Windows 10). Bit hard to make out what you're doing in the videos because of the low resolution. Might also help if you showed the Layer manager so we can see what layer you're on.

3. Can't understand what you're describing / can't replicate. I can change the brush colour without it changing anything.

4 - no crashes for me.

5. Agreed. Seems to be hard coded to the Delete function.

You should download the videos for the highest quality. dropbox only streams low quality. They are full hd videos.

You should download the videos for the highest quality. dropbox only streams low quality. They are full hd videos.

We've downloaded the videos, but unfortunately you don't show the Layers Panel so it's hard to see what your layers and objects are like.

We've downloaded the videos, but unfortunately you don't show the Layers Panel so it's hard to see what your layers and objects are like.

I'll re record the videos today and upload them. Sorry about that.

6. Out of curiosity is it possible to do a temporary color-picker like people can do in photoshop when pressing and holding the alt key? You can see it in action in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8pi9aixdq7dx4m/temp_colorpicker.mp4?dl=0

I'll re record the videos today and upload them. Sorry about that.

6. Out of curiosity is it possible to do a temporary color-picker like people can do in photoshop when pressing and holding the alt key? You can see it in action in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8pi9aixdq7dx4m/temp_colorpicker.mp4?dl=0

This is possible - see the hint on the Status Bar. If you hold down Alt and then Click or Click Drag the cursor over the colour you want it will change the currently selected colour. See attached GIF.

post-37-0-44999900-1482308867_thumb.gif

This is possible - see the hint on the Status Bar. If you hold down Alt and then Click or Click Drag the cursor over the colour you want it will change the currently selected colour. See attached GIF.

This is great news!

Thank you very much for showing me that. sorry i overlooked that feature.

This isn't possible when you have a Vector/Shape layer selected which is what i want to do.

Why when i make a rectangle lasso around a shape does it not display the size in the Info panel? How can someone every find the size? It appears the only method is to count the pixels manually...

post-45137-0-14881700-1482971816_thumb.png

The Transform panel will show the lasso selection size

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

When making a Lasso on a selected Pixel Layer, is there any way to do 'Copy To Layer' mimic-ing what you can do in photoshop?

The only way i've found to do this is by copying the layer and deleting the inverse of the lasso and then going back to the original layer and deleting the invert of that lasso again.