You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet for Affinity Tools!

KateM

In my version 1.4, there is no "Panorama Persona"' only the function "New Panorama".

Hi LoBu, that's right, that's the way to go in to the Panorama persona. It wouldn't really be as useful to be able to access it from the other personas, only when selecting a range of images to stitch.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

• 1 month later...

Why did a large number of deleted accounts like this post:

Some programs, if they were really smart, might go into a sort of "screen saver" all of their own, that perhaps floated around an image of something like this, with all the shortcuts in each different mode, and the modes selectable, so that the shortcut icons on the keys could be shown LARGE, for easy recognition.

The real dream would be having  a visual cue sheet of the shortcuts on an iPad next to the computer, and pressing on them at any time to select the desired item, and it flashing up a keyboard shortcut to remind/teach the user how to become less dependent on the iPad for shortcuts, and progressively move to using the keyboard and modifier key combos.

Did they also run around the forums liking other random posts?

Why did a large number of deleted accounts like my post? Did they also run around the forums liking other random posts?

Yes they liked a lot of different posts. Flagging an account as a spammer disables their ability to post, but they can still Like things if they're really bored.

If I notice spam accounts that don't go dormant once posting is disabled I have been known to delete them; it's quite a few extra steps while disabling posting is only one click. A couple of spam accounts had a major Liking spree so were deleted a while ago.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a Panorama Persona button along the top with the other personas, and it's disabled UNTIL the user selects 2 or more images or meets whatever criteria is appropriate to enable that persona. I LOVE the Persona UI and having them all up along that top bar would make it consistent and display ALL of AP's awesome capabilities.... kinda like medals! 

Hi LoBu, that's right, that's the way to go in to the Panorama persona. It wouldn't really be as useful to be able to access it from the other personas, only when selecting a range of images to stitch.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A french version would be pretty cool but i assume, french community has to do it that would be fair.

But you should know that some shortcuts are simply unreachable on AZERTY keyboards. For example i had to rebind the decrease/increase brush size tool because "[" and "]" needs "alt+shift+(" or "alt+shift+)" in order to work (and "(" and ")" are placed on upper numbers 6 and .. 11 (ok lets say after the "0").

So if we (talking about AZERTY keyboard users) create a complete rebinding of the shortcuts could the configuration file be extracted and added to AD and AP as a setup option?

By the way talking of that i think our german fellows QWERTZ keyboards might have same issues, but i'm not sure.

Art Director at Tribu And Co | French web agency - See our work at http://www.tribu-and-co.fr

• 2 weeks later...

These cheat sheets are really nice!

I've downloaded them (recent version, using the link given in the blog: https://affin.co/affinityshortcuts), but there is one issue.

Any PDF in the archive has bold l and I (lowercase L and uppercase I) letters, that clearly stand out. Is it a known issue?

YNa7pJpl.png

I'm using Adobe Reader X (10.1.16) in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

EDIT:

It seems that it's not present in all PDF readers. I tested SumatraPDF and there is no such problem there.

Well, Adobe is the company behind PDF, so Adobe Reader rendering them wrongly is kind of suspicious.

Affinity v2 suite [Designer 2.2.1.2075 | Photo 2.2.1.2075 | Publisher 2.2.1.2075]
NUC11PHKi7C [Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.8GHz, DDR4-3200 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2060] | 32UN880-B | Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22621)

Affinity v1 suite [Designer 1.10.6.1665 | Photo 1.10.6.1665 | Publisher 1.10.6.1665]
ThinkPad T430 (2344-56G) [Core i7 3520M @ 2.9GHz, DDR3-1600 8GB RAM, NVS 5400M] | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (6.1.7601)

Hi,

It's probably a font issue. When converting the PDF to a Doc file using the online Nitro converter, the font is replaced, probably because the original font cannot be found. Since the document has been created with Affinity Designer, it probably uses a font installed by Affinity Designer.

My two cents...

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.

Hi,

It's probably a font issue. When converting the PDF to a Doc file using the online Nitro converter, the font is replaced, probably because the original font cannot be found. Since the document has been created with Affinity Designer, it probably uses a font installed by Affinity Designer.

My two cents...

The Affinity apps don't install any fonts. They just use whatever is installed/loaded on your system.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The Affinity apps don't install any fonts. They just use whatever is installed/loaded on your system.

Thanks for the information.

So, it's another font problem. Maybe a font available on the Mac and not on Windows. I see that przemoc is running Windows, like me. Are people using a Mac seeing this problem ?

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.

From the View menu, choose 'Studio' and deselect the 'Hide Studio' option (keyboard toggle Ctrl+Shift+H on Windows or Cmd+Shift+H on a Mac).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

...Any PDF in the archive has bold l and I (lowercase L and uppercase I) letters, that clearly stand out. Is it a known issue?

This is a known "feature" of Adobe Reader. Unchecking the "enhance thin lines" option in Preferences > Page Display generally solves this problem.

This is a known "feature" of Adobe Reader. Unchecking the "enhance thin lines" option in Preferences > Page Display generally solves this problem.

Indeed, unchecking it helped! Thanks a lot, rubs.

Affinity v2 suite [Designer 2.2.1.2075 | Photo 2.2.1.2075 | Publisher 2.2.1.2075]
NUC11PHKi7C [Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.8GHz, DDR4-3200 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2060] | 32UN880-B | Windows 11 Pro (10.0.22621)

Affinity v1 suite [Designer 1.10.6.1665 | Photo 1.10.6.1665 | Publisher 1.10.6.1665]
ThinkPad T430 (2344-56G) [Core i7 3520M @ 2.9GHz, DDR3-1600 8GB RAM, NVS 5400M] | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (6.1.7601)

• 1 month later...