You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.47

Sorry for using foreign language in this thread. The source of my issue was probably found, thanks for help.

Pamiętam, że ustawiłem w Photo moja karte w opcjach wiec tutaj jest ok, mam nadzieje ze problemem bylo ustawienie 'najblizy sasiad'. Niestety nie moge juz tego sprawdzic w becie, poniewaz okres testowy sie skonczyl. Dzięki wielkie za pomoc, jestem teraz bardziej skłonny zakupic Photo.

Pozdrawiam

I was writing an article on comparing Affinity Photo's HDR utility to Photomatix Pro 5.1 and PaintShop Pro X8's HDR utility (an honorable third place) and discovered a bug. 

I tried to send a SINGLE raw photo through to the Affinity HDR utility, and it locked up the entire program, I had to go through the Windows 10 task manager to kill Affinity Photo.

It's OK not to be able to handle single raw photo, but I think the proper behavior should be to trap for a single photo and not let the HDR utility go any further until the user either backs out or adds another photo (sometimes people's mouse fingers get 'twitchy'!)

Just do a Google search on "Glen Barrington My Dynamic Range" if you're curious about what I wrote.

Hi Glen, can you attach your image here, or upload to Dropbox so we can check it out?

Mark, I am now unable to reproduce the issue at this point.  Though I clearly had the issue twice.  At the time, I had Chrome, ACDSee Ultimate 10, Affinity Photo for Windows, and PaintShop Pro X8 running contiguously.  Just having them up and running doesn't seem to trigger the issue, there must have been some sort of combination of steps and processes having been run in a particular order that triggered it.

I doubt I could recreate all the steps at this point. So I doubt this is anything that needs to be prioritized as a fix.

My apologies for raising a false alarm.