You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.47

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Performance and stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Changed pixel display zoom to match physical pixels
  • More lens correction fixes
  • Fixed crash when deleting the default category in the Library panel
  • Fixed crash when clicking Properties for some Printers
  • Fixed crash when going to Edit > Preferences in Panorama Persona
  • Fixed scrolling a value in the transform panel giving a different value if it has focus
  • Fixed Develop Persona Focus panel being disabled when initially showing after a document is already open
  • Fixed incorrect Export Brush dialog filter
  • Fixed Sources panel not appearing after HDR/Focus merge
  • Fixed Sources panel missing double click to define/add source point
  • Fixed releasing Alt when dragging a Levels Adjustment slider doesn't revert the image
  • Fixed context bar UI not updating when crop overlays are changed using O key
  • Allow selection of locked nodes in Wireframe view mode
  • Fixed PDF Import of some bitmaps resulting in incorrect colours (wasn't using colour conversion)
  • Changed OpenType to relax version check for "Coiny"
  • Fixed OpenType applying of contextual rules,  we were advancing past the lookaheads too

You guys never stop working...

Well I just found a bug, now F1, or clicking Help does not work at all. Just a grlimpse of the help windows appears briefly and disapear right away.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Is it in the background, or is it just gone? The Help window is now a separate process (application) so if it crashes, it won't crash the main application.

It just flashes quickly, I just see a white window about a quarter of the screen size that pops up in the upper left corner and it's gone right away. But AP does not crash.

I think (it goes away so fast) that the title bar of the disappearing window says "C:\Windows\system32\Help.exe"

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

It just flashes quickly, I just see a white window about a quarter of the screen size that pops up in the upper left corner and it's gone right away. But AP does not crash.

Yes, I get the same thing. I'll get this sorted in the morning and put another build out. For the time being you can load up the release version of Photo and use the help in there.

Thanks for the good work. Still some problems, loading a raw file takes still 15 seconds. Help function has stopped working.

Loading a RAW file still takes too much time, but JPG and afphoto files load much faster now.

-- Macbook Air 15"

Notice the big change in this release, when using a pixel based document, 100% view will map to 100% of physical pixels, rather than 100% of logical pixels (based on your Windows Display Scale).

This change is huge for me and much appreciated. For a lot of the things I do, it is critical to toggle to a 1:1 frequently. Thanks for this update!

A nice little collection of fixes, but I still don't get a clear view of the '+' in the text tool cursors at a display setting of 100%, and I still can't scrub the Fill Opacity in the Effects panel.

The help function works with me in the version 1.5.0.45. once in a while and then get an error code and not working at all in the version 1.5.1.47.

When I press the F1 key or choose 'Help...' from the Help menu, a small window flashes up briefly and then disappears.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I'm seeing a lot of performance improvements

selection, grow/shrink and flood fills

painting, brushes much more responsive

Haze removal, faster on a small file, need to test on a large landscape

A bit late for me to check other things, looking forward to re-doing my test file WFs.

Thank you, great work!

As reported under Beta .46, the problem is still there in .47.

Open a jpg file

• Use a Level Filter
  • Unsharp Mask filter
  • And then a Denoise Filter. When using this filter the "Level Filter" layer was selected by mistake, so I couldn't make the Denoise filter work and I played a little with the slider and then noticed the selected layer. As soon as I click on the "Background" layer to select it, while the Denoise filter box is still open, AP crash with the error shown below.

post-32421-0-22304700-1482101935_thumb.jpg

-- Macbook Air 15"

Hi,

1. This is a second Beta release without "Beta" sign on it

2. When there is a beta release, click to "Download" button redirect me to the page where is the offer to buy Photo, instead to the forum to download it

3. When are you going to change the forum titles under the "Affinity Beta Support" from "Windows Beta" and "Mac Beta" into "Photo Beta" and "Designer Beta"?

4. After version 1.5.0.43 it should start with 1.5.1 and not with 1.5.1.43, I think?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, Vinther said:

Help does not work in 1. 5. 1. 47 windows.
Help only works one time in 1. 5. 0. 45 next time I ask for help close the program.

It's been already mentioned above. There should be a new fix soon:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32156-affinity-photo-customer-beta-15147/?p=156076

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Badly!

Auto lens correction completely destroys distorts the picture (all lenses)! 

Still does not recognize Tamron lenses in NEF (AF 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 as Unknown Fd 48 5C 8E 30 3c DF 06). 

Nikon Adobe RGB in JPG still recognizes as sRGB!

post-41056-0-49032500-1482143696_thumb.png

I havent bought the affinity photo yet so i could test it up to RC2. I have a question for those of you who can check it and dev also. I remember when working on 100% zoom the image was clear and sharp, but when i zoom out it becomes blurry or jittery. I know it is a usual thing when you zoom out with some strange values like 63,43% or so. But every software has some zoom theshholds that will render nice and sharp view. I can zoom out in PS, Gimp and Krita and look at it like it was already resized, perfectly sharp image.

Unfortunately in Photo up to version 1.5.0.45 it did not rennder the image properly when i zoom out. I don;t remember now, probably the "print size" was the only zoom out which was ok, but i am not sure now.

I am talking mostly about drawing illustrations A4 size 300dpi dicuments. I dont know if working with photos has same effect

Czesc pgraficzny.

Dzieki za odpowiedz, Moja karta to GeForce GTX 765M, Nie pamiętam już jaką opcje mialem ustawioną, ale jeśli Bilinear jest opcją domyślną, to raczej własnie tą.

Hi pgraficzny

Thanks for the answer. My graphic card is GeForce GTX 765M. I can not recall anymore which setting i had, but if bilinear is default then i guess that was it.

Cześć,

domyślną opcją jest Najbliższy Sąsiad (Nearest Neighbour). Przy tym ustawieniu brak jest wygładzania co któryś stopień powiększenia. Podobnie jest w PS. Kluczowa jednak dla płynnego powiększania jest sprzętowa akceleracja graficzna karty/procesora graficznego.

Chodzi o możliwości karty - w moim przypadku programy, zarówno Affinity Photo jak i Photoshop, rozpoznają wsparcie sprzętowe i domyślnie korzystają z procesora graficznego. To można sprawdzić już na wersji Beta. Na poprzednich komputerach miałem słabe karty graficzne i np. w PS w preferencjach wydajności astawienia procesora graficznego miałem nieaktywne. W zał. zrzut z PS CS6 oraz Affinity Photo

post-41056-0-85495800-1482252475_thumb.png

post-41056-0-34683900-1482252531_thumb.png