You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to Affinity Photo and after becoming comfortable with Adobe CS6, like many, had to find alternatives to Photoshop since they went to a subscription based application.

Since my question is lengthy and involved, is there any more experienced AP users willing to correspond with me via email?

I design fabric using images I have taken of many subjects and run two documents at one time, one a image I have taken and the other a New Document and is the recipient of 32 to 64 identical images dragged into the New Document. I am having difficulties dragging the image multiple times.

Thank you for considering my HELP request and look forward to hearing from the expert users.

Have a Happy Holiday everyone!

Allan

No need to drag after one image is over on the page. Press Command click on image and drag, instant duplicate. Get the row the way you want, select the whole row and drag instant 2nd. row. Just keep going, don't know what the limit is but much faster than dragging each image. CMD, Click and drag.

My email is ...

Unless you like spam, it's generally a good idea to avoid posting your email address to a public forum. I suggest that you edit your post and either remove your address altogether or at least 'mung' it by replacing '@' with '(at)' and '.' with '(dot)'.

No need to drag after one image is over on the page. Press Command click on image and drag, instant duplicate. Get the row the way you want, select the whole row and drag instant 2nd. row. Just keep going, don't know what the limit is but much faster than dragging each image. CMD, Click and drag.

On Windows, it's Ctrl+drag instead of Cmd+drag. Alternatively, you can use the 'Duplicate' command on the Edit menu (keyboard shortcut Cmd+J or Ctrl+J) and then drag the duplicate to its new position; to constrain the movement to a straight horizontal or vertical line, hold down the Shift key as you drag. Whichever way you create the initial duplicate, further 'Duplicate' commands will give you additional copies spaced at the same distance as the first one. You can then select the whole row and duplicate it the same way to create a grid.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)