Sign in to follow this  
Eroica

[Fixed] Canvas is misaligned inside Artboard

Hi,

on Affinity Designer 1.5.4 for Mac, I noticed the following issue when using Artboards: https://share.mailbox.org/ajax/share/008388670c2709450dd3cfec270941bbafe26bc87edfbc06/1/8/MzQ/MzQvNjQ2

My Artboard is of size 24x24, but as you can see, the "frame" surrounding this is simply wrong. This makes it really hard to align stuff simply by moving them along the edges of the Artboard.

I think it has been happening for me just since 1.5.4. I didn't notice this misalignment in other versions.

Something else I noticed: I'm not sure whether Export is broken or whether I'm simply using it wrong, but take a look at my "Export options" dialog: https://share.mailbox.org/ajax/share/048ac7c70cd03e4a4d4735ecd03e4f2e97f07c3045b030d7/1/8/MzQ/MzQvNjQ3

There's so much empty space under the last option that I assume that something is missing. I didn't find any way to continue exporting my assets ...

My system information:

iMac 2013

OS X 10.9.5 "Mavericks"

i5 2.9 Ghz

8 GB RAM

nVidia 750M, 1 GB VRAM

Hi Eroica,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The first issue (artboards) is already logged to be looked at.

Regarding the second issue, the empty space seems to be used to accommodate all the options in other formats like PDF/X instead of stretching according to the content. I will pass this to the dev team.

Thanks for your report.

Thanks for your reply! It's nice to see how quick the developers and support react to such issues. All in all I'm very satisfied with all Affinity Designer (and Photo, too), keep up the good work!

Thanks for your help with this bug. We believe we have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next public release (1.6). The fix can be trialled in the forthcoming Mac and Windows beta builds available from the relevant beta forums. The issue on Mac was OpenGL specific and does not happen on Metal, but hopefully is addressed on all drawing modes going forward.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform