You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving multiple edited files as .afphotos

I'm a complete novice with Affinity Photo, but I've not been able to see an obvious answer to my question, which is this.

I've opened 6 or so .jpg files and edited them. They are listed as tabs above the working window.

I now want to save them all as .afphoto files (a sort of "Save All As" action). This is a batch job, and I have looked at the use of the New Batch Job command.

However, when I use this, and look at the Sources/Add window, this opens to a folder on disk, which does contain the photos I already have open and have edited, but also some others.

How do I save all the files I currently have up on screen and which I've edited, as a single action rather than saving them one by one? In effect, how can I batch my edited files from the screen, into a batch process and then to disk, without looking at folders on disk.

• Staff

Hi FoxTalbot,

Affinity Photo doesn't have an option to batch save multiple open files, you would need to save them individually. You can batch convert JPG into .afphoto files using File > New Batch Job.

It may be worth posting the suggestion of having an option in our Feature Requests section, it may be something our developers can include in a future update.

Hi FoxTalbot,

Affinity Photo doesn't have an option to batch save multiple open files, you would need to save them individually. You can batch convert JPG into .afphoto files using File > New Batch Job.

It may be worth posting the suggestion of having an option in our Feature Requests section, it may be something our developers can include in a future update.

Thanks for the information. I thought that might be the case. It's no great problem unless I've opened a series of photos for edit, when I find that I'm losing track of which I've saved and which I haven't. Of course, the overwrite message alerts me immediately if I'm re-saving, but what would help a lot is if the current or focussed tab colour or tone were very  different to the other tabs, rather than a slightly paler grey.