alecspra

Can't use paint brush tool to remove areas of live filters in AP 1.5

Hi, since downloading AP 1.5 on my mac with os Sierra, I have not been able to retouch live filter layers, such as gaussian blur, etc. When I create a Gaussian blur live filter layer on top of a pixel layer and I try to use the paintbrush tool to remove or reduce the opacity of that layer, nothing happens. I used to be able to do that with no problems before. 

Same here plus issues with the Selection Brush tool and Quick Mask. This is after the AP update of 1.5. I have tge latest Sierra update. I've been told the staff will be back in tomorrow and give some help on these issues we are having.

Thank you guys!

At this point, all I want to know is if it is "normal" to have to turn off the check box that says "protect alpha" in order to use the paint brush tool to remove areas of an adjustment layer or a live filter layer. (The opacity is not an issue because I tried it at 100%). I don't remember having to do that in the previous version of AP. In other words, I am not doing anything different than what I was doing before, and before I never encountered this situation.  

So, my question is: Is this a new feature that was added to AP 1.5., is this a software design flaw that needs to be corrected, or is it a weird behavior of AP that happens only if you are using OS Sierra on a Mac?

Hi alecspra

The adjustment/filter layers are basically alphas so this option will need to be turned off.

This option should be remembered from last time you used the brush. By default it is off but if you checked at some point and didn't un-check it it will remain checked until you do

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com