You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Even though it still feels weird to me to mix vector with bitmap, I had to get them. :)

PS: Also just subscribed to your YT-channel in hopes that I see more tutorials and drawings there from you. *hint-hint* ;P

Hint-hint from me too!  

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

@JokeRat @Madame

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate all of your support

I'll be making more short videos this coming year. I've been recording almost everything I do on AD lately, so I can sit back later and edit those recordings into micro-tutorials...

Please stay tuned :)

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

Hey dood! Just had a swatch at yer wee video. Crackin' stuff.

Question for you though: Why do you drag a duplicate vector shape onto the Pixel Layer and not drag a Pixel Layer into the original shape instead? Is there any advantage to the way you do it? I understand why you do it for the clipping but are there any other reasons?

Just wondering.....  ;)

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Question for you though: Why do you drag a duplicate vector shape ...

Hey George, how is it going! 

Thanks for asking. Is part what you said, part bad habit. I tend to move all my texture layers all away from the vector ones once I have my illustration done, just for the sake of organization and my mania of turning textures on and off all at once (I have problems...)

Aammppaa pointed a more easier workaround in another thread. I'm going to make another quick video tomorrow, showing that method, so people can choose which one fits better with the way they work.

Cheers buddy!

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Ah I see.

For my creatures, I create 2 pixel layers for each object, one with a multiply blend mode, the other withe screen. Then I can shade and highlight (and texture) on those. I don't have the control to switch off all pixel layers at once doing that though.

Thanks for the explanation and I look forward to the new video.

Cheers,

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

...I don't have the control to switch off all pixel layers at once doing that though...

Here's a little example. I have all textures in separated groups so I can switch textures on and off at once (clothes, moon, face...)

giphy-countvlad_zpsalvzllhs.gif