You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey John!

Yah so I downloaded your file and did exactly all the things you naturally would do to select and group and I too ran in to the same issue.

But I have a workaround for your situation.

1. Select the you traced object.

2. go to the menut atthe top and click Layer>Geometry > Divide

Don't freak out when everthing goesto black. you notice that all the objects in your traced image have now been seperated. you can select each object and apply the appropiate fill to it. Your file was east  for taking this approach but a more complex file will be a bit labor intensive to use this work around. Hopefully Affinity will have the trace functionality available in future updates.

updated file attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mllsm6leeoocgjc/johnfuller-fix.afdesign?dl=0

I wondering if you just imported an eps file into your document?

Were the objects separate shapes in the other program?

If so I wondering if you had just selected and copied from the other application and then pasted it into affinity if that would keep all your shapes in as separated part in affinity designer? 

Mmmm something you might want to try. Love to know if that would work better than a straight .eps import.