You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, afphoto is new for me, using it in addition to apperture. First view: very good. That there is to make parts of a photo to change them is the first importend thing to me, the other ist changing Separate Color, hope its the english name.

My first question: is it possible to use: perspective in the way, that the left and the right side move together in the same way?

Thanks

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• Staff

Hi larsh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you mean moving them simultaneously for a single plane, then no, this is not currently possible. You have to move one "side" at a time.

[EDIT] For a dual plane perspective (where you want to adjust two sides of a quadrangular building for example) yes, this is possible. Just set the Planes dropdown to Dual plane when using the Perspective Tool.

... My first question: is it possible to use: perspective in the way, that the left and the right side move together in the same way? ...

However, on the Tool Bar find the Mesh Tool, click the pull-out triangle and you can then select the Perspective Tool. This Tool has a dialog box in which you can drop down the Planes field and chose Dual Planes. This opens up a lot of possibilities but, sadly, I don't know how it works. I just know it affects multiple sides of your object. You will need to experiment or find a tutorial because I don't know...

How to control it,

Does it work on pixels or just vector objects,

Can it help Lars or not?

:)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

DUAL plane mode shows a mesh like a box, right? But I don´t see more possiblilities. And in ONE plane mode there is the shift-pull mode what not works in DUAL... If I understood.

BUT it is not so importend.

The situation I spook about: a house in front showing the camera to heaven...

Thanks!

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• 2 weeks later...

in windows, the dual plane feature does not appear to work properly.

I want to be able to tell affinity photo where the walls are split on a building within my frame. Then I would like to manipulate these parameters freely and accurately.

When I enter source mode to say align the walls of a building with 2 visible sides for instance, when I return to destination mode the image is split and warped.

It is almost as if AP is treating both sides of the building independently.

If I just use the destination view then I can manipulate the building as I see fit however, I cannot then set the corner line correctly for the building as this always defaults to centre of frame.

I hope this makes sense, thanks for any help you can give.