Hi, I'm a graphic designer specializing in book covers and I'm considering making the switch from Adobe to your programs. They look absolutely beautiful and I've downloaded the free trial of Design to test out but noticed there isn't a free trial for photo.

I want to test the program out before I make the switch mainly to see if the Photoshop Plugins and actions I have will work. Is there a trial I can download? And will the plugins and what not I've purchased for Photoshop work in your program?

Thanks for your time!

Hi phippsma

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There no trial for Affinity Photo 1.5 available yet. It should be out later.  The dev team probably needs to fix some bugs detected after Photo's release before making it available publicly.

Photoshop Plugins support is still ongoing. Some plugins already work while others don't or run with issues. I keep a list here just in case you want to take a look. Photoshop actions are not supported in Affinity Photo since there's no feature/functionality parity between the two apps.

Joshriggs,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

That is old and unofficial... It is a link to a Mac only trial of version 1.4. We removed the site links until we have a version 1.5 Photo for Mac and 1.5 Photo for Windows tested and served up by the website, as that isn't what most people would want to test and was causing us support problems.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.