You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frankentoon premium brushes - Texturizer Pro

Frankentoon Studio

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday Frankentoon released a new brush pack for Affinity Designer called Texturizer Pro. It's a collection of more than 50 texture brushes for being used in Pixel Persona.

The brushes can be mixed together to reproduce a (super) wide range of real-life textures, from very subtle noisy ones to more extreme/destroyed surfaces. You can create super complex and organic looking results super fast and very easily. Here's an illustration I made using the pack (even works for text effects as you can see)

texturizer-cover.JPG

I've been working on this pack for the last 6 months. I spent like 4 months collecting textures with my camera, then selected the more suitable for the pack, edited in Affinity Photo and after a month of work within Affinity Designer, they're finally here!

Has been a blast to say the least. One of the most fun and exciting experiences in my life! So I hope you can have lots of fun messing around with your art too.

You can have fun with this pack too for only: $5.99

Get more info, examples and buying options HERE

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

Thanks, Enrique. They look great: I actually discovered them yesterday, thanks to Miguel's list of Affinity resources.

I don't know how much use I would make of these brushes, but at such a low price I'm strongly tempted to buy anyway!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks, Enrique. They look great: I actually discovered them yesterday, thanks to Miguel's list of Affinity resources.

I don't know how much use I would make of these brushes, but at such a low price I'm strongly tempted to buy anyway!

Thanks Alfred, I'll post a tutorial on my website in a couple of weeks to show some uses I'm giving to these brushes and how they fit into my own work pipeline. 

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Thanks Alfred, I'll post a tutorial on my website in a couple of weeks to show some uses I'm giving to these brushes and how they fit into my own work pipeline. 

Well, I caved in and bought them this evening. (I already had the free Texturizer-A set, so I knew what to expect.)

Other users in Europe may be interested to note that Gumroad charges VAT but Sellfy doesn't. As luck would have it, I only discovered this after I purchased through Gumroad, which is where I usually buy this kind of product.

Alfred spacer.png

Well, I caved in and bought them this evening. (I already had the free Texturizer-A set, so I knew what to expect.)

Other users in Europe may be interested to note that Gumroad charges VAT but Sellfy doesn't. As luck would have it, I only discovered this after I purchased through Gumroad, which is where I usually buy this kind of product.

Oh... I was totally unaware of that Alfred. This is the first time I use Sellfy, nice to know! I always like to give a couple of options to users, because every service have advantages and disadvantages depending on their location and other individual reasons.

Thanks for sharing that fact and a BIG, BIG thank you for purchasing the brushes! :D  

Picked up my set as soon as I saw the notice on (iirc) my FB feed. They look sharp and I'll have some need to play around with them over the next few weekends (advantage to not having family within 1K miles :D).

Wished I understood that the link on the right was Sellfy... thought that both were Gumroad. FWIW, it's not clear at all that there's 2 ways to pay for your brush set... If I had known one was Sellfy, I would've clicked on Gumroad. See, every time I try to use Sellfy, I have to reset my password. Every. Single. Time. Even if I go back to the site within the same day. I don't really like Sellfy. Their interface is awkward and just off putting to me. And resetting the password (click on the "forgot password" link, get the email, click on the link in the email, go to another Sellfy page, reset the password and then figure out what the hell I was doing to begin with...) is a hurdle that I'll do only for the best... Like anything from you. 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Wished I understood that the link on the right was Sellfy... thought that both were Gumroad. FWIW, it's not clear at all that there's 2 ways to pay for your brush set... If I had known one was Sellfy, I would've clicked on Gumroad. See, every time I try to use Sellfy, I have to reset my password. Every. Single. Time. Even if I go back to the site within the same day. I don't really like Sellfy. Their interface is awkward and just off putting to me. And resetting the password (click on the "forgot password" link, get the email, click on the link in the email, go to another Sellfy page, reset the password and then figure out what the hell I was doing to begin with...) is a hurdle that I'll do only for the best... Like anything from you. 

Thanks for that, Mike. It sounds as though I saved myself a lot of bother by going down the Gumroad route!

Alfred spacer.png

CartoonMike, on 17 Dec 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Thanks for that, Mike. It sounds as though I saved myself a lot of bother by going down the Gumroad route!

I bought from Sellfy, paid with Paypal. No problems.

Wished I understood that the link on the right was Sellfy...

Hey Mike, first of all... THANK YOU for purchasing the brushes, I appreciate it, a LOT! hope you have fun with 'em :D . Second I'm sorry you had to go through all that trouble to getting them. I'm gonna fix that landing page today, so anyone can see where are they buying from beforehand.

Thanks again and I apologise for that inconvenience!

@Frankentoons: it's not your problem. It's something wrong with Sellfy. Maybe they don't like Safari, I don't know. their "support" was quick to reply, but kinda lagging in responding to my reply where I give them the info they asked for.  While some may have no problem with Sellfy, I've had issues with them for about 1 1/2 years now and it's the same old issue with the password. But that's for them to fix and I'll say no more on that issue here.

But I will say that I've taken the brushes out for a spin and really like the feel they give to stuff. (aside: have you thought about doing a set for Clip Studio Paint? I'd snap that up in a nano-second... )

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

@Frankentoons: it's not your problem. ...

I'll do that change in the landing page as soon as I can, just to make sure that everybody knows which paying service they'll be using.

About the Clip Studio request, I haven't planned to make a set for that app just yet (although I own a copy). But that is a pretty good idea. I'll be considering it. Thanks for asking!

Purchased!

Looking forward to playing with these :)

High-End Photographic Prints

Great set Enrique. Looking forward for a few more :)

That opening illustration is fantastic. Greats style.

Thank you for such kind words MEB, so glad you like!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello hello,

Are you still working on that tutorial? I'm still figuring stuff out (it's hard coming and still using AI for some stuff) so a tutorial on how to properly mask and clip the layer for painting with the brush is very welcome.

Hi ambiroa here are some links for pixel painting that should help. There are many ways to do this sort of thing. These should get you started... :-)

The links are from the in-house AD tutorials list post here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10815-in-house-affinity-designer-video-tutorials/

Hello hello,

Are you still working on that tutorial? I'm still figuring stuff out (it's hard coming and still using AI for some stuff) so a tutorial on how to properly mask and clip the layer for painting with the brush is very welcome.

Hi!

Yes here's a quick video tutorial I posted a few weeks ago: Painting with textures

As retrograde mentioned, there are a couple more ways to accomplish this technique, those videos he posted are pretty useful too!