You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.5 does not show up for my updates

I have read the other posts regarding this but none of the suggestions have worked for me.  The update to 1.5 just doesn't show up.

I have 1.4.3 installed on my Mac.  I have done other updates without problem.  1.5 does not show up as an update.  I have signed out and in on the app store with no success.  I have rebooted my machine.  No success.  Under the purchased tab "my purchases" it shows Affinity Photo and only has an "Open" option.  I just updated to Safari 10.0.2 yesterday so I know the update area works.  I am on OS 10.11.6

What am I doing wrong?

• Staff

Hi mwunder,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure you are signed-in with the same Apple ID you used to buy the app in the Mac App Store, then close it.

1. Open the Terminal app. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
open $TMPDIR/../C

This will open a Finder window. 

2. Drag the com.apple.appstore folder that's inside there to the Trash.
This folder is just a cache. It will be recreated as soon as you run the Mac Store app again.

3. Run the Mac Store app and check if the update becomes available. If it still doesn't work, reboot your system.

If you aren't still able to update it, drag Affinity Photo from the Applications folder to the Trash and empty it, then reinstall it again from the Mac App Store.

Hi mwunder,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure you are signed-in with the same Apple ID you used to buy the app in the Mac App Store, then close it.

1. Open the Terminal app. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
open $TMPDIR/../C

This will open a Finder window. 

2. Drag the com.apple.appstore folder that's inside there to the Trash.
This folder is just a cache. It will be recreated as soon as you run the Mac Store app again.

3. Run the Mac Store app and check if the update becomes available. If it still doesn't work, reboot your system.

If you aren't still able to update it, drag Affinity Photo from the Applications folder to the Trash and empty it, then reinstall it again from the Mac App Store.

This resolved my problem.  I had to do all three steps including rebooting the machine.  Even more updates showed up for me after doing this.  Thank you.

I just went to apple store, clicked on purchases, and clicked on install.   The new version was downloaded.

I understand that is how it's supposed to work and has worked for me many times in the past with AP.  However, from my original post, it just said Open under my purchases.  MEB's suggestion worked but I had to reboot the machine too.