You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Allow me to get at Gradients

I always want to be able to save and use custom gradient swatches and they appear in any place where I am given color as an option, but as it stands I cannot. Gradient swatches seem to be unaccessible. I want to be able to choose a custom graident inside of the layer effects option whenever I see that I can change the color of an effect.

• 3 weeks later...

You can add to swatches from fill, line or both. Just right click on the object containing the gradient.

What I mean is if I’m in the styles panel and I’m in the gradient overlay, and I want to grab a gradient swatch I saved into the gradients section of the swatches, there are none to choose from. They’re simply no there although one can choose them from the drop down. 

Do you want a gradient style or a gradient overlay?

It seems counter intuitive, but I found out how to do it.

• Create the gradient exactly as you want it
  • Select object
  • Right-click and select 'Create Style'

This way or this way

• FX gradient overlay
  • Click on gradient box
  • Click on colour box
  • From the drop down choose swatches
  • choose any gradient you have saved to swatches.

• 3 months later...

I know exactly what you mean as I have the same annoying problem. I have a feeling it's an oversight within the program. You should be able to get access to all your gradients within your program palette via the FX gradient overlay box but it seems that there is no way to currently do this. Unless I'm missing something this needs addressing before update 1.6 is released. If I have missed something here and somebody out there can solve the problem, I would appreciate a response.