You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5.5 - Beta 1)

Hello,

I just want to confirm, any bugs for the most recent version go here or in the Bugs section? I may have posted in the wrong place before. I see that the description to the original post here is written differently from the one in the Windows beta topics; which says to post bugs within the topic.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

As you can see, Matt is following this thread, so I would say, the Beta bugs go here. At least, this is the way I handled these matters in the past. Though I must confess I don’t find many new bugs recently … and not because I wouldn’t use the software … I suppose this bodes well for an upcoming new version …  ;)

Oops … sorry. Then I stand corrected. So we should create a new thread in the subforum “Designer Beta on Mac”? I always thought we should post bugs to the beta announcement thread and use the mentioned subforum for … hmm … I have no idea … anyway, this is good to know. Thanks for this clarification, Dave.  :)

I'm glad I asked. I'll keep that in loop from now on.

Edit: I really need to proofread from now on.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

is this a bug or what.. so irritating..

Please take a look on following video i uploaded on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/5eiH_JcT8RU

watch that all.. at 00:40, 

there are two groups. one contain 3 layers and same in the other. (no necessary, can be any )

1. i hide all groups but active only one

2. any layer selected in first group (suppose there are 20+ layers) but I selected one layer.

3. collapse that group (because i need to look at any other group).

4. now unhide the other group... 

5. my first group is expanded..

Suppose there are 100s layers.. it would be even harder to remember where i was?.. 

Too irritating. :( 

Try to make yourself.

scrollbars on layers are also so irritating..

please watch following video i uploaded on youtube. 

https://youtu.be/Nej6vH_zlWs 

I added many layers, now when I scroll them up or down, a scrollbar appears on layers and that takes a second to hide. that also causes interruption what layer we needed to click. because one accident click on scrollbar will move/scroll layers upwards or downwards.  

I added many layers, now when I scroll them up or down, a scrollbar appears on layers and that takes a second to hide. that also causes interruption what layer we needed to click. because one accident click on scrollbar will move/scroll layers upwards or downwards.  

This has been reported looooong time ago. Still no fix :(

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

is this a bug or what.. so irritating..

Please take a look on following video i uploaded on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/5eiH_JcT8RU

watch that all.. at 00:40, 

there are two groups. one contain 3 layers and same in the other. (no necessary, can be any )

1. i hide all groups but active only one

2. any layer selected in first group (suppose there are 20+ layers) but I selected one layer.

3. collapse that group (because i need to look at any other group).

4. now unhide the other group... 

5. my first group is expanded..

Suppose there are 100s layers.. it would be even harder to remember where i was?.. 

Too irritating. :(

Try to make yourself.

You might have enabled the "Show Selection in Layers Panel" option in the preferences under "User Interface". Try to disable it if it solves your issue. 

I'm struggling with the same issue, but only when switching from MacBook screen to external display and vice versa. AD/AP need to be restarted in my case in order to have the checkboxes placed correctly besides the scrollbar, not behind it. A fix could be very useful...

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Hola!

Having an issue with both the AppStore version, and 1.5.5 - Beta 1 regarding TypeKit fonts. The fonts were synced to my computer, I attempted un-syncing and re-syncing without success. Essentially what happens is as follows.

1. TypeKit font selected from drop-down
  2. Default font applied normally
  3. Weight drop-down properly displays various weights
  4. Hovering over, or arrow keying across certain weights appears normal
  5. Some weights kill the drop-down display while still showing the preview in document
  6. Inability to select the font, in fact clicking the blank area is prone to crashing the program

Let me know if you need more information.

post-50610-0-99230000-1485810569_thumb.png

post-50610-0-80153800-1485810568_thumb.png

post-50610-0-62620900-1485810567_thumb.png

post-50610-0-89701300-1485810565_thumb.png

• Staff

Hola!

Having an issue with both the AppStore version, and 1.5.5 - Beta 1 regarding TypeKit fonts. The fonts were synced to my computer, I attempted un-syncing and re-syncing without success. Essentially what happens is as follows.

1. TypeKit font selected from drop-down
  2. Default font applied normally
  3. Weight drop-down properly displays various weights
  4. Hovering over, or arrow keying across certain weights appears normal
  5. Some weights kill the drop-down display while still showing the preview in document
  6. Inability to select the font, in fact clicking the blank area is prone to crashing the program

Thank you for your bug report - this issue should hopefully be fixed in the next release. :)

Suggestion: 

As the wireframe mode is going to be more useful and prevalent, I would assign the default shortcut to Y (instead of CMD-Y).

And change the Transparency tool shortcut to not T, but let say OI (color picker) and O (opacity/transparency) being close on the keyboard and close in function.

Does this update fix the black canvas problem? Every time Macbook goes to sleep and it’s woken up, all project’s canvases are plain black and I have to reopen every file to fix it. Very annoying.

No.

I'm seeing this when connecting a non-retina display to my MBP with retina display. I cannot recall seeing this just after a regular wake up without external screen connected.

• Staff

I'm getting a recurring crash when clicking on any of the constraint controls with a certain object. Crash log attached. I can e-mail a scene if required?

Cheers,

Mal

Looks like it's to do with the object being part of a compound object (i.e. a live boolean geometry object) and this is failing... it shouldn't be possible to do this, so I'll look into it... In the meantime, I can probably fix your document if you want to send it to me?

Thanks again!

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.