You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

we now use Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43,

what Minimum Adobe CS Version as CS** or CC** can this Affinity Designer provide for?

because https://graphicriver.net/ need us to select that CS** or CC** version when we will Upload new Item in the Category & Attributes section on https://graphicriver.net/author_dashboard page as this screen shot.

we don't use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, we use only Affinity Designer to create new Item.

thanks.

post-46154-0-43955600-1481791047_thumb.png

I am by no means an expert in this area but I strongly suspect that what you are asking is impossible to answer.  Although AD is an extremely capable "alternative" to Illustrator and AP to Photoshop, I believe there has been no attempt to make either of them "directly equal" to any specific version of their Adobe competitors.

Since the image you posted clearly allows Affinity Designer format files as acceptable I really don't understand that section asking for "Minimum Adobe CS version".  I think you need to ask graphicriver why they "need" this information.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

thanks for reply,

the help page of https://help.market.envato.com display below,

----------------------------

Help Center > Selling and being an Author > Getting Started

A step-by-step guide to the upload process

(some info .......)

(then below advice)

Category & Attributes

Choose a suitable category for your file. Select which filetypes are included in your download (you can select multiple items by holding down the CTRL key on Windows or the COMMAND key on OS X). Select which software and versions of software your file can be opened in.

Ensure you match any attributes in these forms to the attributes of your file. 

For example, dimensions on GraphicRiver, polycount on 3DOcean and length on AudioJungle.

----------------------------

and, that selector of "Minimum Adobe CS version" are listing below versions.

----------

CS

CS2

CS3

CS4

CS5

CS5.5

CS6

CC

CC2014

CC2015

N/A

----------

maybe do we better to select "N/A" if does Affinity Designer 1.5.1 not provide compatible files for Adobe CS or CC?

• Staff

I wrote the PSD importer and exporter, so perhaps I can give a definitive answer - as best as I can.

The PSD file format is an ever shifting "standard" (loose definition).  Affinity will support any new features in PSD as soon as we have some degree of feature parity or can provide an suitable conversion.

As far as the file format version, the basic structure of a PSD has not changed in years - it is a block tagged format.  Adobe occasionally adds new tags to support new features, which we either import or ignore.  If we import them we will for most cases export them also.  So, another app should always be able to read a standard PSD, but may not be able to use the newer features if the tags are not supported.

In addition to tagged blocks, PSD has a XML style description language that is used for things such as layer effects data, adjustments, etc.  We import and export this as best we can.  Again, if an app doesn't recognise a bit of data it can usually skip it.

So, we will write a PSD using the most recent documented definition.

Unfortunately we cannot say with any certainty what the minimum version of Photoshop is that can support all the features we export - and it could be that the file you export only uses basic features, in which case older versions of Photoshop may be able to deal with it.  The PSD format documentation is a little inconclusive on this front also, since features that were added at some point may have changed in more recent versions.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

> so perhaps I can give a definitive answer - as best as I can.

thanks, we wait for you.

> The PSD format documentation is a little inconclusive on this front also, since features that were added at some point may have changed in more recent versions.

it seems that your mention is about recent CC or CC** version.

• Staff

The simple answer to this, seems to be that if you're uploading an Affinity Designer file (.afdesign) then you need to be selecting N/A because the .afdesign file is definitely not compatible with any version of Adobe's products. If you're uploading a .psd file then you're best to just put the most recent version of CC they have available on their list because anyone who is hooked into the subscription model will have the latest version anyway.

They allow upload of Quark and CorelDRAW files too, so it's not like everyone going to that site expects PhotoShop files all the time...

Hi,

> seems to be that if you're uploading an Affinity Designer file (.afdesign)

not only .afdesign,

we plan to upload some file type of .psd .eps .png .jpg .tiff .afdesign using Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 for one item to GraphicRiver.

> If you're uploading a .psd file then you're best to just put the most recent version of CC they have available on their list

we will upload .psd file too,

so do you recommend us to select "CC" or "CC2015" on the selector of "Minimum Adobe CS version" ?