You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change Rulers units, layers management, brush size change

How to change rulers units?

How to move rulers center point?

I have layers A, B, C

alt+left mouse button on layer A = layer A is only visible layer

If I want to restore all other layers than I have to choose another layer from the list and than back to layer A.

Is that purposeful or it's an AP "error"?

In photoshop I can change brush size with shortcut: alt+ drag right mouse button. Is it possible to enable that function in AP?

1. From the Help file (search for "Ruler")…

• With the Zoom Tool selected, choose a unit of measurement from the pop-up menu on the context toolbar.
  • From the File menu, select Document Setup, and in the dialog choose a unit type from the Document Units pop-up menu.

Changing the units will automatically change the units on displayed rulers.

2. At present I don't think you can change the origin. Has been requested and will no doubt come in a future update.

3. You can hit Escape to restore other layers, or click outside the isolated layer (eg the pasteboard).

4. From the Help (search "Brush Size")…

• Press the right mouse button, then left mouse button and drag on the page. Dragging left or right will decrease or increase the brush size, respectively.       

Have to say this is a very cumbersome move for me!

Hope this sets you on your way :)

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Ah crap, my mistake re: document setup - this is what it is called in Affinity Designer. In Photo the places to change it are using the Zoom Tool or View Tool.

Yes - odd that the ruler can't be in percent, since all the input boxes will accept percent (% or pc) as a valid unit type.

It's alt+ right + left mouse button.

Yep - left and right resize, up and down change hardness.

Happy painting.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

In Photo the places to change it are using the Zoom Tool or View Tool.

In Affinity Photo you can choose the 'Resize Document...' option on the Document menu. There's a 'Units' box in the dialog that pops up.

Yes - odd that the ruler can't be in percent, since all the input boxes will accept percent (% or pc) as a valid unit type.

Not really so odd, since percentages are relative rather than absolute.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)