You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why, on why do people want everything?

You don't have any other problems, don't you?

None so far, remember I just purchased it and am in the learning phases.

I was born in Denmark, raised and educated in Germany, learned British English in school, later I've studied in the US, learned some Spanish as a side line. So I can handle 'both languages'. I lived and worked for a long time in Spain. Maybe I should request a German version while I am in Germany, and a Spanish version while I am in Spain? Hm, until today I counted 3 languages: German, English, Spanish. Maybe I should correct my language knowledge in my resumé: German, Low German, British English, American English, Spanish. 5 languages - wow. And imagine, I would never have had the idea to ask for an American version of Affinity. Thinking about it, I really should demand a Low German version. Or eventually a Historic German version? Or Middle High German? Or Swiss German? Geez, so little time, so much to do...

Feel free to translate Affinity into all the above mentioned languages, I really would appreciate it.

Haha :) To me, it's about satisfying the locality.  I feel it's a minor thing, but it can be those minor things that really pick at your subconscious.  I imagine many of us are perfectionists or prefer things in a certain way - you probably know someone that is a pixel counter.  If something is the slightest bit off, out of focus, or out of place; it can prohibit moving forward to the meat of what matters.  Language can do the same thing as that little pixel.  Sure it's an extra or different letter, it's not going to affect your graphic, but every time you open the menu and see it, it briefly takes your mind off from what you were doing.  It's not a big thing, it's not going to end the world, it's only preference, which I thought was relatively easily to modify — it is for the programs I create as there are language packages available on GitHub.

If it came to adding this, or implementing another more useful feature, by all means do that!  :)

Thank you for what seems like a great product so far.

To me, it's about satisfying the locality.

OK, so then I insist on a purple GUI with bright green fonts, menus in Low German (would be fun!), export dialogs in Spanish, tools in american English. And the official flag from Peru as a background.

Thanks for listening to my wishes.

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light